Chapter twenty three

You want to know the best thing about this whole guy act? It's the fact that here I really am just one of the guys. The cowboys don't see me as a girl, like ever.  Obviously. So when the boys ask you if you can go out to the bar and chase girls with them how do you say no? Like this...

"No Stephen" I just about barked at Nobel's best friend. 

The worst part of this is the funny thing is that Nobel stood behind Stephen laughing his ass off. He knew I couldn't go. He knew this would blow my cover but yet there he was. Not helping me but instead edging on Stephen to get me to "go out with the boys".

" Come on Logan. It's fun and even though girls aren't into the skinny guy type, I'm sure there's a girl that's too drunk to see you clearly" Stephen shrugged his shoulders as Nobel snorted. Yup girls didn't like me. I knew that Stephen. If only you knew what I knew.

"Stephen let Logan be. He doesn't like you that way" Nobel snorted again as he elbowed his best friend. I sent daggers at both of the boys from behind my helmet. Neither of those boys would know what hit them if I didn't have to hid under this thing.

"Fine I'll let Logan go home under one condition" Stephen pointed a finger to Nobel as his attention was turned away from me. I sighed as I sat down on the bench watching the two bicker.

"What is it Stephen?" Nobel rolled his eyes.

 Stephen got a look in his eyes that mot of the time reminded me of a bull in the chutes. The bulls that waited for the moment. But right now I don't even see that. I see a younger brother trying to get into a cool college party with his older brother look. Revenge. Rolling my eyes I started to undo my chaps.

"You bring your girl friend Liz. She's the heart of the party. Beat she could even ride a bull better then you too" Stephen smirked as he folded his arms across his chest. Now it was my time to laugh. Toppling over laughing I watched Nobel frown.

"You don't even know Stephen" I answered out of breath. That sentence had just made my day expressly since I beat Nobel tonight. Oh my life is getting better by the second.  

"yeah, yeah, I'll bring her" Nobel mumbled as he eyed me up across the grounds. Quietly behind Stephen's back I nodded my head.

"Cool dude. See you at the party" Stephen walked over leaving both me and Nobel alone once again.

" Make sure to pick your girl up at 8pm sharp" smiling sweetly I walked off grabbing my vest. Guess I had no choice but to go to this bar party...as a girl.