Chapter Twenty seven

All hell broke lose as the gate swung open.

Sucker Punch swung right out of the gate with a spin. His four legs went out from under us as he did a jump spin. And somehow I stayed on which didn't only shock me but I also think I suprised the bull. For there was just a split second before Sucker Punch started up again.

His hind legs went up to the heavens and my back went flat against him. I could barley hear the crowds' yells between the blood that pounded in my ears and my thundering heart. I could barley breath as as I felt my balance start to slip. With his signature spin till the end Sucker Punch started to spin none stop. That's all it took. My stomach turned and my balance left me. With my seat un done I took to the ground.

My hand slipped the knot easly and I fell the nicest I've ever fallen to the ground. My legs took the lead as I raced out of the pen with Sucker punch. Turning my head over my shoulders I could see the men on horses chasing in the beast. And facing forward I could see the crowd.

A little girl maybe less then ten sat there starring out into the arena intill she spotted me watching. A smile that would Sucker Punch would have hated crossed her face. She started to jump up and down in her seat as she pointed to me yelling at a mother looking figure that sat next to her. I smiled before hopping down and heading back to the boys.

As I walked across the arena sand finally able to hear the crowd I couldn't help but think of that little girl. In one way she looked like a mini me. Golden blond hair, hazle eyes that sparkled with that determination that would later grow into a fire in your stomach.

Smiling to myslef I wondered what she would think if I got called and let my blond hair show in front of everyone. What would her face look like at that moment? What would everyone else look like? I smirked knowing damn well how most of my fellow bullriders would look like. Pure shock.

□■

□■□

□■□■□

Keeping my chaps on I slipped my helmet off. No I wasn't one of those lucky girls that got away with perfect hair after wearing a hat or helmet. Oh no... I looked like shit. Right fully so too. My whole body had broke out into a sweat between these thick leather chaps and my mini panic attack from being on Sucker Punch. Mix that with my crazy tangled up hair and you just got a mess.

I found out minutes after I had got back to the cowboys that Sucker Punch no longer had 100% buck off rate. Tonight I had changed that. The news only made all this so much sweeter. If I placed third or higher I would be called out. And even if PBR was so pissed they didn't hand me over my prizes so be it. But you can't deny that I had stayed on the hardest bull this season for the whole eight seconds.

Running my hands through my hair I found Stephen and Nobel over at the other side of the pit. Stephen seemed to be yelling at Nobel by his crazy hand gestures. Stephen pointed towards Nobel and then motioned to me and then him again making me decided it was time to investigate. Just a foot from the two I could clearly see why Stephen was red in the face.

"You've got to be fridging kidding me Nobel! She just beat your ass and she's a girl!" Stephen saw me coming and turned sharply my way. Just as he was about to say something Nobel beat him to it.

"Come on Stephen we had to keep it from everyone. I mean sirousely. If anyone up higher then the cowboy pit found out she would be kicked out before she could show us all what she has in her" Nobel had stepped some what in front of me as if being a shield for what ever nasty words Stephen was preparing in his mind. I paused as I watched both boys.

Nobel stayed quite and calm while Stephen seemed to be boiling over. What I could tell it was probably the fact of hiding something like this from him. Especially to top it all off he was Nobel's family and best friend.

"But I asked him...her out several times for guy night. I talked about girls with him...HER!"Stephen looked at me desperately as I tried to hold back a chuckle. Yup he did. He told me just what every cowboy is looking for. Or at lest the cowboy casanovas are looking for.

"And I gave you a woman's perspective. You just didn't know it at the time" I smiled at Stephen which only mad him frown alittle deeper.

"So now what? How are you gonna prove your Logan? Ride Sucker Punch again? I think not. Your lucky enough to even have riden him this far" Stephen had a piont.

What was I gonna do to prove myself? Sign his name and show that they were a match? Or am I gonna just stand there all night while the people research Logan Saddler? The only shit your gonna find on him is the fact he's in PBR. No drivers license, no bills, no phone, but there's a Liz Saddler. And she is one hundred percent alive and doing just peachy.

"He's got a piont" I looked over at Nobel who now stood by my side. He looked back at me with a confused look on his face.

I could see the clocks a turning in his mind. Really I have thought of that question a thousand times before, how was I gonna prove myself? But everytime I pushed it out of my mind knowing that I had bigger things to worry over like the bulls...or Nobel.

I heard the announcer mumble something that I barley catched. The only word I cought was belt buckle. Knowing what that meant I fluffed out my hair and re tucked in my shirt.

Glancing at Stephen I watched him shake his head. Moving my eyes from him I looked over at Nobel. He stood tall knowing he would be called too. His eyes met mine for a brief moment. A small moment but a moment that was filled with a smile. I returned the gesture before stepping up. I could feel all the cowboys stare at my back as my end goal came face to face with me.

"Ladies and gentlemen let's give a hoot and hollar for our grand champ....Logan Saddler!"