Prologue

———
Prologue
Ultimate Revival.
———

Third Person

Standing in a worn gym full of plants and chipped paint was a group of plain, ordinary, completely normal high schoolers. One stood towards the back wearing a hoodie over his school uniform. His hair was a plain brown and covered his eyes. He stood there awkwardly and nervously looked around. No one really seemed to notice him at all.

Two others entered the gym making the overall count 17. There was a girl with blonde hair and a boy with a hat on covering the majority of his face. One of the boys in the rest of the group spoke up. "And that makes 17." He had green hair and casually crossed his arms.

"What?" The blonde girl questioned him.

"I'm talking' about us. There are 17 of us, all high schoolers. What do you think that means?" He questioned the group. They all stayed silent. "Hmm. My name is Rantaro Amami, let's leave it at that for now."

"You some fuckin' know-it-all?! If you know what's happening spit it out!" Another girl snapped at him.

An unknown voice suddenly echoed through the gym. "Okayyy, quiet everyone! Shimmy down, shimmy down."

"No, no, no, it's "simmer down"."

Four large mechanical beasts appeared towering over the students. Most steps away from them in fear. The brown-haired boy was thrown to the floor by one of the robot's legs. "Ugh."

The blonde girl knelt to help him. "Are you alright?"

He allowed her to help him up. "I'm okay." He nodded quickly refraining from touching her much.

"Kyahahaha! Thanks for bearing with us!" The giant robotic monsters all said in unison.

"Damnit we're surrounded by these monsters!"

"We're not monsters! These are Exisals!" One of the robots exclaimed cheerfully.

"Hey ahhhh, the Exisals don't come in until later." One of the others said.

"Damnit I told you we should have read the script!"

"Well...why don't we get out of these mechs, it shouldn't be too late for that."

"Yeah let's do that!"

From the robots jumped out much smaller robot teddy bears. They were half white and each of them sported their own personal color for their other half. All of them had what looked like a pacifier in their mouths.

"Now we're not scary anymore right?" The red one questioned the students. Some of them nodded in agreement now that they could for sure dropkick one of the odd little bears.

"This is just as I thought," Rantaro stated. "But who's behind this? what's with the theatrics?"

"Maaaaan shaddap! Stop spouting your boring nonsense!" The blue bear shouted annoyed.

"Speaking of boring. Don't they look sorta...plain?" The red bear questioned his siblings.

"Perhaps they haven't been given their first memory yet?" The yellow-striped one replied and looked over at the pink bear who seemed to have fallen asleep. "Of course she's asleep."