Chapter 1 (pt3)

———
Chapter One Part Three
Trusting a Snake.
———

Third Person

Y/n was incredibly attractive now that Rantaro thought about it. The way he spoke was smooth and calculated even when he was teasing. Similar to a snake, at first he seemed dangerous and untrustworthy but later you find his benevolent nature. Sure, he wasn't bad looking, but it was those facts that made him so alluring.

"So Taro, since we're friends..."

The two were sitting outside at a small table. Rantaro shifted in his seat nervously but managed to keep his usual calm demeanor. Something about Y/n made him overly anxious.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself? Maybe I can even guess you're talent?" Y/n suggested with a proud smile. "I'm good at guessing games."

"Okay..." Rantaro looked down unsure of what he should say. "Well, I've traveled around the world on a boat. It's my dad's boat of course. I guess you could say I'm a "rich kid." My family is pretty wealthy."

"Great, we have something in common," Y/n said with an indifferent look.

"Really?"

"Yeah, my family is loaded. But please continue." Y/n urged Rantaro to keep talking about himself. It seemed like Y/n was avoiding talking about his own family.

"While I'm traveling I find trade partners all over the world. So in a way, I'm still helping my family, business-wise." He smiled a little proud of himself.

"Maybe you're the ultimate traveler. That doesn't sound like too bad of a talent." Y/n guessed.

Rantaro shook his head. "Ultimate traveler sounds too romantic."

Y/n's face scrunched up. "How? That sounds like a great title."

"It just doesn't feel right." He shrugged in response before smiling pathetically. "Ultimate Useless Older Brother sounds more up my alley."

"Oh?" Y/n looked intrigued. "Now you have to tell me about that?"

Rantaro blanked, immediately he regretted saying anything. Then he smiled, a fake dazzling one. It served almost as a warning. "Who cares about that? It's nothing."

"Oh c'mon." Y/n leaned forward resting his head on a hand. It didn't look like he was going to give up. "That pretty smile won't work on me. I know you're hiding something..."

Rantaro gulped and tried not to blush under Y/n's intense gaze. So he challenged him. He leaned in and tried to match the boy's energy. "What do I get if I tell you?"

Y/n smiled in amusement. "Whatever you want."

Rantaro leaned back again unable to take the tension. "Fine, after I tell you, you have to answer three questions. Doesn't matter what they are."

"As you wish."

"Why do you want to know so bad anyway?" Rantaro looked a little agitated.

"Clearly it bothers you," Y/n stated nonchalantly. "I can't leave you alone with it."

The fact that Y/n genuinely cared for his well-being flustered him. He tried to play it off. "Haha...you can't be serious. Come on Y/n, save that line for the ladies. I don't know how to respond to that coming from you."