Chapter 2 (3.5)

———

Chapter Two Part Three
A Thin Line Separates Heaven and Hell.

———

Third Person

Why couldn't he stop it...? Was there really nothing he could have done to prevent this? Only yesterday was everyone fine and that morning started so beautifully. What had happened to cause this? Why?

Something wet trickled down Rantaro's face as he stared at the tank. The pink tinted water haunting his very soul. His lips parted as he tried to breathe but he couldn't. He needed help, just a little bit of help.

Slowly his head turned to Y/n, only looking at him was he able to breathe. The toxicologist had a mixture of emotions in the deep frown he had. Confusion, anger, realization. Rantaro hoped the boy would look at him, seek comfort in him. But it seemed that wasn't what he needed.

Y/n looked at Tsumugi. She was crying, similarly to others in the room. He observed her as if she were some sort of alien. And that made Rantaro angry. What was so important about Tsumugi? Why wasn't Y/n looking at him? He should be looking at Rantaro, he was the closest with Y/n. He deserved to be the one Y/n looked at first in such a situation. They should comfort each other, look out for each other, trust each other, tell each other everything-! No....

Rantaro looked away from the ologist and back at the tank. He realized what he was thinking. Even in a time like this he was worried about what Y/n was doing, obsessing over him like some love struck teen. Someone was dead, that's what he should be worried about. Not whatever Y/n was doing.

As he looked at the tank that breathless feeling came back, only this time he couldn't look away. He couldn't seek comfort again. He stood there frozen and unable to breath.

But then, he felt cold latex in his hand. Then a voice pulled him from that frozen state. "Just breathe, everything will be alright." It had taken him awhile but Y/n came to Rantaro in the end. He truly was there.

Rantaro looked at him, surprisingly he wasn't at all embarrassed about his reaction. He looked at Y/n as the ologist wiped away his tears that he hadn't noticed. "It's not your fault, Taro. There was nothing we could do."

Screams, pained gasps, silence. That's all the noise that they heard from their classmates. A deep feeling of dread and horror settled over the group. The bones in the bottom of the tank became the center of attention but not for Rantaro. His attention was completely on Y/n as he was the only thing that could keep him from breaking down. Y/n however stood confidently like usual, his eyes darting around already analyzing the scene. He didn't look happy, his brows furrowed in disappointment, though he wasn't afraid or in despair.

"Ryoma, why?" Kaede covered her mouth with shaking hands. Shuichi stood frozen next to her.

"Puhuhuhu!" Monokuma appeared giggling at the good. He laughed in their faces as they despaired. "Looks like we have our first murder! After.......three motives, grrr." The bear muttered unhappily.

being the only one coherent enough to talk Y/n stepped up. "Is the first blood perk still in action or have you decided to leave it?"

No one had even thought about it. If the first bloood perk was still active, the murderer could go home. But alas, things never go according to the students favor. "The First Blood Perk was only active during the count down. Not to mention there had already been an attempted murder, Y/n."