Chapter 2 (pt3)

[Y/n would definitely be in one of the bottom three]

———
Chapter Two Part Three
A Thin Line Separates Heaven and Hell.
———

Third Person

The Morning announcement had gone off a while ago. It was nearing the time for Himiko's magical show. In the hallway of the school, the sound of a beautiful piano played. It came from the ultimate pianist workshop. Inside Kaede sat at the grand piano, her hands dancing over the keys with Shuichi beside her. He sat there quietly listening and looking at her with a particular fondness.

In the doorway, Y/n stood watching unknown to the other two. He enjoyed the time but also the very clear feelings the two shared. They were so comfortable in each other's presence, so full of admiration.

Footsteps approached stopping behind Y/n. They didn't say a word and just listened. Frowning slightly Y/n turned to look at who it was. Rantaro stood leaning against the wall now, his eyes were closed, and he seemed to be enjoying the music. Y/n stared for a moment his lips parting in awe. He looked so at peace, he trusted Y/n not to judge him, he felt comfortable being beside Y/n as he listened, and he looked beautiful doing it.

The song faded and Rantaro opened his eyes locking with Y/n's, his cheeks dusting pink. He stood up a little straighter drawing his attention to Kaede and Shuichi. "They got close fast."

Y/n looked back at them as well. "So have we..."

Rantaro smiled. "Yes, you're right."

"Come on." Y/n turned walking down the hall. "Everyone is meeting in the gym."

Rantaro couldn't help but think of how amazing the start of his day was. First, he woke up to beautiful music, then the first person he saw was Y/n. It almost felt like nothing could break the positive mood he had been put in as he walked beside Y/n. He was oblivious to the morbid, gruesome, cruel, and despairing events about to unfold...

————

"Do you think this show will actually be interesting?" Rantaro leaned closer to Y/n with his arms crossed. The two were inspecting a large water tank set up in the gym.

The toxicologist glanced at Himiko who was sweating bullets. "Well, she is the ultimate magician for a reason."

"I guess that's true." Rantaro nodded as he looked at a tank of piranhas above the main tank. "This seems a bit dangerous though...where did they even get piranhas?"

"Piranhas are usually harmless, it's not often they go after large prey," Y/n told him to calm Rantaro's nerves.

He chuckled at himself. "I guess I'm a little traumatized by that one movie."

Y/n tilted his head at him. "What movie?"

"This dumb movie where a bunch of piranhas massacre people," Rantaro explained shaking his head at the ridiculous film. "Sand shark was worse though."

"No, sharknado takes the top spot as the worst." Y/n corrected him with a grin.

Rantaro laughed. "How could I forget?"

"Ahahaha!" Angie popped into their conversation. Her cheery attitude always present. "I hope you two are ready for the show. Most everyone put a lot of work into it!"