Chapter Three

"Cliff!" I say, trying my best to run over to him. "I need to tell you something!"

Cliff just got home and I've been going over this exact moment through my head ever since I found out about Indie; I haven't even eaten today. He looked at me as though he was shocked that I was still home, yet where else would I be?

"Lilly? What's the matter?" Cliffs asks, concerned.

"You need to promise me that you won't tell anyone this, alright?" I pant.

He nods, holding out his pinkie finger. I interlock my pinkie finger with his and we release.

"It's Indie." I say. Cliff opens his mouth, but I stop him. "And it's a very bad thing. She's killing her boyfriends, I heard her talking about it over the phone earlier today. We need to make sure that she doesn't kill any more innocent guys!"

Cliff towers over me, yet it seemed like he just shrunk. He shakes his head in confusion. "Indie wouldn't do that." He says finally.

"Oh, she would. Ever wondered where Ron went?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

Cliffs eyes go wide. "Oh shit, you're not kidding."

"Mhm." I nod in agreement. "Why would I lie?"

Cliff shrugs, silently saying 'fair enough'. I'm about to try to tell Cliff about my plan, but a knock interrupts us. Dani, I think, looking up at the clock hanging on the wall. It read 6:04pm. She's here.

I wobble over to the door, unlocking it. Dani and Anthony are standing outside, worry scribbled on their faces like a messy child's drawing.

"Lilly!" Dani immediately hugs me tight. "Are you ok girl?"

"Hey Dani, I'm fine." I say, laughing. I look over at Anthony and nod. "Hey, Anthony."

"Hey Harley, I hope you're doing ok." He says, smiling. He looks happier than usual, but that's good for him.

I break from Dani's hug and move aside, letting Dani and Anthony come into the small cramped apartment. We all sit down on the couch while Cliff gets beers for us, then sits down himself on his own chair. 

"So, you said you had some news?" I say to Dani.

"Oh, yes! Me and Anthony are dating now, and he's even written a song about me! It's literally called Dani California, and the lyrics are so beautiful. I can't wait until it becomes their number one song!" Dani says excitedly, kissing Anthony's cheek.

"You're in a band?" I ask Anthony.

"Yeah, we call ourselves Red Hot Chili Peppers. We aren't doing a lot though, just figuring ourselves out." Anthony says proudly.

"That's so cool man, I'm part of a band too. We go by Metallica, but we're releasing our first album very soon." Cliff says, smiling.

"Lilly, we should totally start a band with Indie!" Dani claps her hands together.

Me and Cliff look at each other. We both nod, as though reading each others minds. We turn to face back towards the couple. "About that." Cliff mumbles, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah, about that. Indie is killing her boyfriends. We don't know why she's doing it, but just don't trust her please. I only found out today." I say nervously.

"She wouldn't though, would she?" Dani stutters. She crumbles into Anthony's arms, silent tears rolling down her face.

"I'm sorry, Dani, but we're going to stop it." Cliff says, getting up to sit next to Dani. "However, speaking of boyfriends, I'm now classified as one! We met today and just fell in love, so we're dating now. Her name is Nina Shyff."

"Look at you all, showing of your boyfriends and girlfriends." I grumble, crossing my arms. I haven't even dated anyone in my entire life.

"That'll change!" Dani suddenly pipes up. "I know a perfect guy for you, his name is Saul Hudson."