Chapter Four

A/N: I apologise if I get timelines mixed up. I'm horrible with that sort of stuff, but after just watching the Guns N Roses documentary, I have a better understanding of what happened to the band, which will be better for the future of this story. I have a little something planned...

"Saul Hudson?" I echo. I don't know why but I recognise the name. Maybe Dani has said it before, she does know basically everyone in the sunset strip.

"Yeah." Dani says. "He's a lovely guy, I recon he'd be perfect for you. He plays in a band called Guns N' Roses, they're just starting off though. Their first few gigs have been going pretty good!"

"As long as he's in a band, I'm in!" I say stupidly, watching in amusement as the others laugh.

"You should give him a shot though." Anthony says. "I've actually met him before, he's a pretty chill person. Probably the best out of his band. Just watch out for his bandmates- ones got anger issues and another is always high, and another can't live without vodka."

"Thanks Tony, I'll watch out for them."

"Tony?" Dani says, bursting out laughing. "Tony! Tony! Tonnyyyyy!"

Anthony buries his head into his palms in embarassment and I laugh to myself. 

"Don't worry, everyone gets a nickname in their lifetime." Dani says, patting Anthony's back. "Lilly has called me Daniel before, that was really weird!" 

Anthony laughs to himself and releases his head from the grip of his hands. 

"Anyways. I'll talk to Saul, sure." I say. "What should I expect from him?" 

"I know a little about them, but not a lot." Cliff says, tilting his head as if trying to pull a memory from the back of his head. "He has straight strawberry blonde hair and- wait, no, that's Axl, the singer. Wrong person, my bad." He pauses. "Saul usually goes as Slash, not sure why. But he's the one with black curls and is the lead guitarist. That's all I know."

"Slash is a great guy, honestly. Not as good as Tony, of course." Dani lightly punches Anthony in the shoulder. "But yeah. He's fun, good person to chat to. Amazing personality, just not my type. He's the lead guitarist in the new danger band, Guns N' Roses. His bandmates are getting him into bad drugs like cocaine and even heroin, though. Smokes weed and drinks way too much JD, so watch out for that. Overall amazing person, perfect for you. He fits your vibe, really."

"Yawn." I say jokingly. "Longest thing you've ever said."

"Hey!" Dani cries, shoving me across the couch. 

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" I protest, laughing. "He sounds good though. Give me his number and we shall get in touch. Ha, he might not even like me, have you recently seen how I look?" 

"Shut the fuck up, Harley." Cliff threatens, rolling his eyes and crossing his legs on his chair. "You're one of the most beautiful bitches out there."

"Then why don't you ask me out?" I ask.

"Because then I'd hurt you and lose a very important friend, and a relationship like that isn't worth it. If Slash hurts you in any way, he's dead." Cliff says stubbornly, then thinks for a moment. "I need to get some air." 

Cliff stands up and walks towards the balcony without another word. 

Oh, I think. So he does like me, but can't bring himself to hurt me. That explains a lot of things. 

Me, Dani and Anthony exchange glances. I can only imagine whats going on in Dani's head. Anthony would just be like, well damn. 

After what seems like years, the silence is finally broken. 

"So, you still want to meet Saul?" Dani asks shakily. 

This Slash guy might be worth a shot.

"Yeah, I'll take my chances." I say after a moment of thinking. 

"Great. I'll set you up with him on a blind date." Dani says. "Since I'm going to be busy tomorrow and the day after, I'll tell him on Thursday. I'll tell him a little about you, and I'll let you know if he says yes or no, or just needs time to think about it. You know, he's getting popular now."

"That's alright, thanks so much Daniel." I giggle. "I really appreciate it, Daniel."

Anthony bursts out laughing, and I give in laughing with him, losing all seriousness. 

"Get a life, Harley." Dani scoffs, eventually giving in as well and laughing along with us.