Chapter Nine

A/N: still continuing that sort of horror stuff, sorta long chapter cuz i didn't wanna stop 

I made sure that the revolver in my hand was just a lever away from firing, which definitely would have warned the shadow that it was a loaded gun. The figure leaped at me and I pulled the lever, the shock making me fall back a little because I wasn't exactly used to firing guns. It shot right at the creature's chest, and it shrieked as the bullet hit. 

I quickly gathered myself as it fell to the ground, retaking the form of Indie Burton. I signalled to Dani and Slash to start hitting her with their bats, as her eyes still glowed red. They hesitated but knew it had to be done, or else she would escape and most likely hunt us down. They took slow steps towards the kneeling figure with a bullet wound next to where a human's heart would be, then started beating it with their weapons. 

Dani stopped after a few hits and broke into tears, clearly not handling the fact that we had to kill our own friend. Lots of blood spilled, and Indie groaned at each hit. I shot her again, aiming for the neck. 

"Dani, get away from here. It's going to get real messy, and I know you can't handle this." I say to the shaking figure of Dani. Poor girl, she even had her hands over her ears. She obeyed and quickly got up, unlocking and running into the furthest room, slamming the door behind her. 

Slash stops for a second, looking at me with an incredibly sad expression. I wince a little, I just met him yet I can't bear to see him in pain. He nods, silently saying 'lets finish this'. I nod back and we turn away from each other, facing Indie for the last time. 

I kneel down next to the body. "We'll all miss you, Indie." I whisper. "Hope it's better up there." 

I look at Slash for final confirmation, knowing that we couldn't go back from this. He nods once again and I take in a deep breath. My hands are shaking, but I manage to aim the revolver directly at Indie's heart. Slash softly places his hands on my hands, steadying them and I blush a little. You're about to kill one of your closest friends, why are you blushing? I think, scrunching up my nose in disgust at myself.

I shut my eyes and brace myself. Still holding onto me, Slash shifts a little behind my back and I imagine he doesn't want to see Indie's body, which is understandable. Through her eyelids, Indie's eyes were still glowing red, clearly meaning that whatever possessed her was still inside of her body. I take in a deep breath and lightly place my finger on the trigger. 

It'll be ok, I think to myself. Everyone will be safe now.

I pull the trigger, handling the shock better than before. Bang! I open my eyes and fall the the ground, not believing that I just killed Indie, my own friend. Indie's eyes are slightly opened, and the red glow is slowly fading away. Slash crouches down with me and buries his head into my neck, sniffling as though he was crying. Never seen a guy cry before, but I can understand why. I think sadly, in tears myself. He must've really loved her, poor Slash. I hold him close and we cry into each other.

After a good four minutes of emotion, we finally stand up. We have a proper hug for a few moments, then release from each other. As though reading my mind, Slash grabs three garbage bags from under the kitchen sink. Slash holds open one bag and turns his head away, his eyes tightly closed. I put on gloves and drag Indie, lifting her up and dropping her lifeless body into the black bag. 

He quickly ties the top of the bag, and I grab another bag to put the body bag in that bag. We do so, and do it again with the third bag. We run outside, quickly disposing of the body bags in the outside rubbish bins. We both take deep breaths, hug each other for a moment and walk back inside to fetch Dani.