Chapter Eight

A/N: hahaha I added a bit of my horror interests into this chapter. hope you enjoy it :)) longish chapter, but the next one is longer 

"You're dating Indie?" I echo. I'm generally shocked that no one would tell me that a murdere is also dating the guy that I'm now dating. What the fuck.

"I'm really sorry Lilly, I completely forgot to tell you..." Dani trailed off, looking away. 

"You can't just not tell me something like that. She could be listening to us right now, for all we know!" I lower my voice. 

"Thanks for finally noticing me, bitch." A woman crawls out from under Cliffs van. She just fucking crawled out of the tightest space, like a fucking psychopath. "It was getting a little tight in there, I must say."

"What the fuck?!" Slash shouted. He jumped back, pulling me and Dani away from Indie. "You fucking maniac!" 

"Haha, that's right! I'm a maniac!" Indie says, swirling towards us. "Maniac. Maaaniac. Ma-ni-ac. What a funny word!" 

"Get the fuck away from us, you bastard!" Dani screams, tightly holding onto my shoulder. "Stay back!" 

It's almost like she's possessed, I think. Me, Slash and Dani continue to walk backwards.

"That's exactly right, Jones! Good work, A+!" Indie sings, or what was left of her. 

"Holy shit, we need to go! She can fucking read my mind!" I yell. We all start running around Indie, who just stands there. We throw open the car doors and quickly climb in, locking the doors after we are all in. Making sure that Indie is still outside the van, Dani revs the engine and speeds off. In about a minute, we're already at the traffic lights, far from the Rainbow. 

Our light flashes to green, but legally we have to wait for pedestrians to get out of our way. There's an old lady, and she stops suddenly in the middle of our lane. Shit. The lady snaps her head towards us, revealing pale skin and glowing red eyes. 

"FUCKING DRIVE!" I scream, extremely stressed. 

Dani puts her foot down just as the lady starts running towards us like a total creep. Two legs form out from the side of her body, and she starts running on her hands and feet. Another two legs grow out from the side of her body and she basically looks like an oversized spider. 

Shit, where's Slash? I panic. Looking down, I see him trying to make himself as small as possible. That's pretty cute. He's clutching onto my leg as though his life depended on it, and his eyes were tightly shut. I realise that I could barely feel my leg, meaning that he was probably cutting off the blood circulation. Looking at the rear view mirror, I don't see Indie anymore. After driving around California for an hour or so, we see no signs of Indie. We decide that it's safe enough to go home, but she knows where we all live, but she's never been to Dani's spare house. 

So we make the long drive out to her extra house, stopping every now and then for toilet breaks. We didn't talk at all along the way, we were all too stunned, really. As soon as we arrived, we ran inside and locked every door, closed every window. We also decided that it would be safer to sleep together in the lounge room. Slash was curled up in a ball on the edge of the couch, Dani set herself up on the other end with a blanket, and I decide I would be comfortable enough on the floor with a gun and two baseball bats beside me. Gun for myself, bats for the others, just incase we had to fight instead of running away again.

I just remembered, Cliff would probably be worried but pissed that we were missing and his van was also missing. So I got up and used the wall phone, dialing his number. 

"Hello, Clifford speaking, who is this?" A guy on the other end of the phone says.

"Cliff!" I whisper-yell. "It's your fucking sister, don't say her name, but she's fucking possessed, man. She just tried to kill me, Dani and Slash. We're staying at, uh, someone else's place." I say, as though I had barely any time to talk to him. 

"Seriously?" Cliff says, sounding very shocked. "Are you guys ok?" 

"Yeah we're ok, we have weapons to defend ourselves." I say, looking over at the sleeping figures on the couch. I think I see someone standing in the corner of the room. Shit, I have to go. I love you!" 

"Wait, Lil-" I hang up on him and sprint over to my gun, pointing it at the figure. It fucking moved. 

"You're dating someone else, too?" A voice behind me says. Slash.

"What?" I say, a little startled but not taking my eyes off the figure. "No!" 

"That's ok, Lil, really. I don't mind, as long as it isn't too much of a relationship." Slash says calmly. As if he didn't just see the shadow flinch.

"No, really! Cliff is just a really close friend!" I say, yelling a little.

As though recognising the name, red eyes appear from the exact figure I was watching.

"Dani, Slash!" I shout. "Get a fucking bat, now!"