試験 - Exams

Everywhere you went, magic was the premiere objective you'd see during your walk

Even though she had no interest in the foods they had to offer, people still insisted she'd try some. And to her advantage if none or almost all of them thought she was a male. Still she couldn't help but wonder what the church was doing after she had left without their permission.

______________
"I can't believe Azura left with them too. I wonder if she's alright. Still. It sure is peaceful now that Asta's gone." Nash said.
"You don't mean that Nash." Sister Lily said, smiling down at him. "Still. I am worried about Azura. She took everything and left without a single goodbye. Though I understand why. She felt as though we were keeping her away from finding her own calling. She wanted a release and we couldn't give it to her. In fact we kept her away from many thing, even her own magic. And you're right too. If me and the father never kept her away from her magic then maybe she would have been able to walk under the sun like she's always hoped to. There is so much things I wish we did better when raising her. I wouldn't be surprised if she hated us all for doing so. Father is crushed." Sister Lily sighed into her palm.

"Now don't say that. I saw the way how she reacted when her body was strong enough to play with us. The only thing you should be afraid of is her running out of energy in the middle of the exams." Nash said.
"I suppose you are right. I hope she passes and finally gain what she wanted the most in her life." Sister Lily said. "Me too." Nash replied.
______________

As expected there were many who thought they could pass the exams, so there were many there. In the lines there were many, but when it was finally her turn she presented her grimoire, the color of white and gold boarders to the man before her. To say the least he was shocked that such a book existed. "A one leaf clover?! What! There's no way! How is this even possible! Is it a fake?" He asked. "Look, I got it at our grimoire tower. Just see for yourself. It's real. I'm burning energy here." She said. "Right! Of course, sir. Where are you from?" He asked. "Hage village." She replied. "Another backwater villager with a legendary grimoire?" Someone asked in the lines.
"Right. You are number 99." He said. 

'Sir, huh?'

Azura turned heel and left into the main area. The crowd was swarming with anti-birds however as Azura reached out to touch one it got so frightened by her presence that it fell to the ground. "Oops?" She said. "Look. That boy scare that anti-bird by only trying to touch it. How strong is he? I can't even sense his mana." They asked. 'They think I'm a boy?'

Over the short period of times, Azura learned to conceal her magical power. As everyone there was admiring her, she even seemed to attract the gazes of the females there. 'So much for not standing out, but then again I scare the anti-birds and have a mysterious one leaf clover so who am I kidding?' Azura thought. Only by a couple of hours later did she finally realize that those from her home have finally arrived.

She tipped her hat further down in the corner she stood in gazing at the messy ash blond haired boy embarrass himself by running away from the anti-birds and straight into a buff guy's chest. Azura can only guess how powerful he is by the amount of mana he had that chased all the birds away. "Wow. You look pretty old for your age. You must have had a rough life. Ha ha." Asta said trying to be nice. 'He'll be alright.. right?' She asked herself. "So I was right about that death wish." He said gripping Asta's head and holding him into the air.
'Apparently not..'
As expected someone came around looking for the said man and took him away from the poor boy after the fireworks interrupted him... but not after flirting with a brown haired girl. Turns out that man was a squad captain.