Chapter One - - part one

Slow down boy, I speak to my banshee.

We usually use some time for jokes and games but I have to hurry up and delive these to Amate.

She asked me for some sea snails, I mostly seen her use them for healing purposes, creating some type of balsam that heal wounds and cool them off.

In the past few days our hunters have faced an unknown threat outside of our clans territory, Amate suspects that the sky people are back, but can they really be?

Only few of ours faced the sky people back then, the stories are still told till this day, years after the have left. But is it possible that they are back, some of them stayed, that's what I heard, living among our people and accepting the culture of other clans. But how come they differ so much from one another.

How can humans have so many different sides to them, they're the same species yet the fight against each other.

I mount off Vit'ar and grab the bag from his back, swaying it over my shoulder as I run throughout out villages pathway, set deep in the forest. Reaching Amate's tent I move the fabric from the front, making a way for me to enter her home.

There she is, sitting on her makeshift table as she crushes some types of beans with a rock in her shaky hand. She is getting old, her hands so delicate and gentle can't handle the changes that come with aging.

"I've got you some sea snails" I say as I unpack a bag that is made out of different types of fabric, pulling out all the snails I could've find. 

"It's not a lot" I reach out with my hand and place them on her table, slowly letting myself sit behind her, watching as she mixes different things together.

Including fish, sea snails have dropped in numbers, whatever is hurting our banshees and hunters, must be scaring them away as well.

I want to put my trust into our clans spiritual leader but my fear doesn't let me do so, I am afraid of what might happen if Amate is right. So for the time being, I will hope, and pray to Eywa, that whatever it is that is showing threat to our people, is something that actually comes from this planet.

Maybe then, we stand a chance of beating it.

"Am still grateful for a run you had to make because of me" She signs with her hands as she turns towards me.

Her slander figure stays there, sitting before me. I look around her tent and inspect things here and there "no problem" I tell her as I tap her lightly over her shoulder

"I have to get back now" 

As I say my goodbyes to her I leave the tent with the bag in my hands, I made a short trip over to my home, grabbing some more clothes for myself as the weather was starting to get worse.

Even if we're set deep into the forest I can still feel the uneasiness of the weather outside of our safe space. The wind howling throughout the trees and the animals running around seeking shelter inside the caves all around.

I made my way back to Vit'ar, because few hunters are off for few days due to their injuries, I, and couple of my friends, have volunteered to take their place.

After mounting my banshee we quickly fly off into the sky, our people are not too far away but the ride there still isn't short. We don't hunt at home, the rule my father made when he became the leader.

Our people are separated, due to the mixture of races we have fisherman's, the ones that can catch anything that is living underwater, and hunters, the ones that run on land, hunt anything down that walks on legs.

I often like to think that I am good at doing both but my body can't fight the waters current no matter how hard I train. I'm done with collecting snails so my best bet is to go to the forest, where my friends are already waiting for me. But they're not alone.

Next to my friends stood a group of people I've never seen before. 

As I land I examine the scene better, and once I mount off of Vit'ar I see the difference between our banshees and theirs better. Much smaller in size, their wings not made for such harsh weather, and their color, much more vibrant. They are forest people, at least that's what I think.

The lack of their clothing makes me shiver, what are they truly during here unprepared, do they have a death wish.

"What is going on" I ask my friend after I greet them, they're standing next to the foreign family of six. A little girl is sleeping, protected inside of her mothers arms, covered by a blanket that seems like it's made out of our materials.

"They're travelers" My friend answers. 

"Travelers" I ask looking at the man that seems to be the father. I look at them better, five banshees, six of them, two sons behind their father, and one girl that looks like she wants to hide behind her mother. But she doesn't resemble her, at least not for what I can see.

"We are on our way to Awa'atlu, the storm cough up to us and we needed to land" He explains, using his hands a lot as he spoke.

Awa'atlu, that's where Amate's  from, I've been there few times, as a company to her, but why are they going there. Maybe it's not my place to know, but certainly I am intrigued. 

"Send them to my father" My father is a man of temper, bad habits and damaged brain but he still has a good heart, I'm sure he will provide a sanctuary for these people. We have few empty tents anyways, so it won't affect our dynamic much.

Before I could let them go I had to look through their stuff, I still don't want them carrying anything suspicious into my home, and talking about suspicious the father of the family seemed to be carrying some things I have never seen before. He called those guns, and other things seemed to be some type of equipment made by humans.

Afraid of what it could do we agreed to leave things here, we took care to properly hide it from animals and storm as the family, with some of our people, made their way back to my home.

"Shall we go" I ask my friends, all of them agreed ...so we went on, right into the forest. We walked for some time, made jokes and laughed, maybe we weren't really hunting but we were more focused on traps.

We cleared some that we previously put, few little animals cough inside of them so nobody can say that we're coming empty handed.

"Do any of you have any theories of what might've been the thing that's attacking our troops" one of my friends says "whatever it is I hope that it isn't here" another one adds

"Amate said that they migh-" my head stars to spin. Hands grab onto the tree, holding me tightly to it.

My friend turns over, cupping my face in her hands as she calls for me, I can feel the vibration of her voice but I can't hear it. My head is heavy, my arms light and my legs...disconnected.

It's happening too fast.

My body feels like it's falling, but instead of hitting the floor it seems like I'm flying.

Helou helou