- - Chapter One - - part two

I am somewhere, between now and then. Somewhere where time seems to not exist, I feel like years have passed but when I look at my hands they look the same, like I haven't aged.

I'm in the darkness, I can look left and right and still see nothing, no matter how fast I run I can't reach the end of this misery.

 So, the best thing I can do is wait, wait to wake up, or to die. Or maybe I'm already dead, existing inside of Eywa.

But as I sit down, surrounded by endless darkness, I hear a soft voice call for me. Unfamiliar yet so beautiful, like I've heard it somewhere but I can't place it whos it is.

"Anahera" the voice says once again, calling me to it, and slowly I follow. "Please wake up" I hear again, the voice making me cry, making me run towards it. Only listening to it makes me feel weak. 

Wake up. 

Wake up.

!Wake up! 

"Anahera" Ni'al says, her worried expression looking down at me. Am I the reason to why her eyes look so sad.

I try to move but my body feels too heavy. I can feel the blood run down my legs and the ache that is slowly making it's way to my head. Closing my eyes I hope for it to go away but it only becomes more tense. 

A cold sensation makes contact with my skin, the feeling making my body flinch. It's good to know that I can move it, since I don't know how bad my condition really is.

I open my eyes again, slowly this time, trying to let my eyes focus properly. Still, my sister is there. Her hand over my head holding a wet cloth. Her face a bit relaxed from how it was before.

"What happened" my voice shakes. 

 Amate shows herself from behind my sister, with a wooden bowl in her hands, she kneels down to my side. Ni'al picks me up slowly, making my back lean against the wall. Moving my head and opening my mouth they make me swallow the liquid from the bowl.

It's familiar, something I tasted before. Amate usually made me drink these when one of my black outs happen. Is that what happened to me.

Sharp pain travels through my head. As I try to remember, the pain grows stronger.

"Black out" my sister answers "you were with your friends hunting when you lost your consciousness" she further explains while moving my head gently.

So that's what happened.

As few minutes pass by my body finally starts to listen, my legs and my arms start to move. Headache stopped and my dizziness went away. Even if Ni'al told me what happened I still can't seem to create a picture of it all in my head. 

Few hours pass by, my mother came to visit me. By looking around I realized that I was in my tent. The beads that fall from the roof kinda gave it away. 

It's almost night. That's why I decided to stand up and leave my dusty tent. Taking one of the walking sticks that I have laying around, I get out of my tent. The bonfire is already set in the center of our village. People are out, having fun and preparing food as they joke around.

Kids running and chasing each other. Screaming as they do so.

The village is alive. That makes me happy.

I learned to enjoy their joy, to put it ahead of my emotions and feelings. If our people are happy, so am I. And to me, that is the most important thing.

I make my way to my father. He is sitting on ground. Weapons in hand as he sharpness them. One by one. He is alone, which is weird. There's usually few of his friends around him, all sitting in a circle. But that same circle now remain empty.

I sit down, his gaze not moving from his knives. It's only when I'm near him that his strikes against knives strengthen. 

"What is going on" his eyes finally make their way to me. Only for a second, before he looks down once again.

"We were attacked" he says.

Attacked?

"Something is hunting Tulkuns" he speaks up "it seems like that thing never intended on attacking us but it did. It's lethal. Few of our hunters succumbed to their wounds, others are under the care of your sister and Amate"

"Could it be humans" I ask. Fear speaking out before I can contain it in myself. But his answer doesn't help the feeling that has been hiding inside of me.

"I think so" he sights. It feels like it hurt him to admit that. And it feels like he was admitting that to himself, not me.

A scary thought, even scarier realization.

Humans. Never came in contact with them, yet my body shakes when a thought of them crosses my mind. Stories, that's all I know. All I've heard. And for so long I hoped that it would remain that way. Now it's only a dream, they actually might've already came back.

"I need to take a break" dropping his tools he stands up and walks away. Unlike everyone else he doesn't stand tall, his back is bent like he's looking at the ground. There's so much I can do to help him. Nothing usually works. The only way for him to feel better is to be left alone, for him, time cures everything.

With nowhere to really go I remain here. Sitting alone while everybody else does their thing. If Amate and Ni'al are taking care of the wounded then I mustn't disturb them. And if everybody else is enjoying their time I mustn't interrupt them, rather watch from afar and make sure everything is going ok.

This community that my father created is beautiful. And for that I am grateful. None of us really belong anywhere, but here. All different races, all coming from different parts of world found their peace here. He's a good man. A brave one. And I can't wait to become like him one day.

He's been training me since I was little. The role of future clan leader fell onto me, and I am not sure that I will ever be able to compare to him. His assurance and his words mean the world to me, yet I fear the day that he won't be here to show me the way.

But that day is yet to come, I shall not stress over it so soon.

"Hello" a shy voice came from behind me, making me turn my head and face the little girl. If she was from the clan I would've recognized her immediately but it takes me a second to remember.

The little girl I saw wrapped in her mothers arms. I totally forgot about them. My father must've provided them a shelter until the storm calms down.

"Well hello" a smile appearing on her face as I say the words. Not to far from behind her is another girl. Her sister I presume. They're not in their clothes in which they came in. Now, they're dressed from head to toe, wearing cloaks and scarfs, with thick enough leggings to protect them from wind.

"Are you all okey now miss" the little girl asks me, too afraid to come any closer. I don't know how but I assume they know about me going unconscious. 

"I am doing fine, thank you for asking. What is your name"

"Tuktirey" she smiles "but you can call me Tuk. And this is my sister Kiri" she goes and grabs her sisters hand.

Hellou people i really hope that youre enjoying this things so far even tho we are 2 parts in

If anyones interested
characters will mostly be aged up by two to three years, keeping Tuk at around 7 8.

I dont have any schedule planned for releasing the chapters so i might do it 2 to 3 times a week?? Shall see

Thank you for reading :)) See you in a next part