Chapter 2: Getting our grimoires!

"Tomorrow is the day that I'm getting my grimoire! I'm so excited!" Miki thought as she internally squealed, she had always wanted to be in the magic knights to serve her people in the clover kingdom, she had always loved the kingdom, and to know that she could use her magic which many of the royal knight captains had praised to help those in need, it was a pride to do that. But there was also another goal...

"But first, I need to clean my house." Miki declared as she started to sweep the floor, normally, Yuno would come and help her, but she decided today that she would clean the house alone, beside, she had promised to meet someone.

Suddenly, the gem on her communication device on her table started to glow. The communication device is a present that her adopted father, Julius Novachrono gave her so she could still contact him when she's in Hage, and of course, no one knows that she had this thing.

"Hello, my little star!" A white screen suddenly appears above the device as it shows Julius greeting his daughter with stars in his eyes.

Miki giggles at her father's nickname for her, he always used it when she was little.

"Hello to you too, dad." She replied.

"Do you know what tomorrow is?" Her father asked.

"Yes, I do, I'm going to get my grimoire tomorrow."

"I see," Julius said before his eyes shone again. "I'm so excited to see what kind of magic you can do once you get your grimoire, your magic is already impressive and unique enough, so I can't wait to see you use it."

Miki awkwardly laughs at her father's antics, she always knew that he's obsessed with finding new magic to the point of skipping his work to find them, making Marx, his assistant, very frustrated. She pity the blue-haired male, he's just trying to do his job yet father keeps escaping the castle to go out. Julius also tricked Miki into dealing with his work sometimes, so she didn't really support it when he ignored his duties.

 Julius also tricked Miki into dealing with his work sometimes, so she didn't really support it when he ignored his duties

"Will you be ok going there?" Julius asked.

"I'll be fine dad, besides, I'm not going to be there alone." Miki just answers, giving as little information about the church, after all, she's trying to separate her 2 lives as much as possible.

"Right, then I'll see you after the grimoire receiving event."

"Yes, dad, I'll see you soon."

Miki was supposed to go to the capital a few days ago at the start of march but her father let her stay until she got her grimoire, it's more efficient, he saids.

————————————

"March...when the firefly dandelions fluff starts to dance around the air. Once a year, all around the kingdom, all of the 15 year olds are gathered and an awarding ceremony is held, where they will receive their own grimoires, which enhance their magical powers."