Chapter 3: Revchi.

"Asta, wait!" Miki shouted to her brother figure, who was running towards the forest. Her one hand was hugging her grimoire while her other hand was reaching out, hoping to catch Asta, but nope, he's too fast for her.

Miki kept running and calling for Asta's name when suddenly, someone grabbed her shoulder, shocking her. She then turned around to see...

"Yuno?"

"What're you doing?" he asked, now holding her hand.

"I'm following Asta." She answered firmly, still disappointed with what he had done in the grimoire tower.

"Why are you doing this?" Yuno continued to ask.

"Because he needs me right now."

"Do you trust him?"

"Of course, why did you ask..."

"Then you'd know that he'll never give up in this situation." Yuno said, making Miki surprised.

What Yuno just said made Miki went into thinking, he's right! Asta would never give up in this situation, instead, this would make him even more hyped up, as someone who has been following Asta since they were kids, she should have known this, but still...

"Asta's still more vulnerable in this, he needs someone, I'm sorry Yuno..." Miki trailed off as she pulled her hand out of Yuno's grasp and ran away.

Yuno sigh in disappointment, he may beat Asta in almost everything, but Miki's attention is not one of them.

————————————

Miki was walking around the forest, looking for Asta.

"I hope he's not too depressed." She thinked in a worrying manner.

"Then you'd know that he'll never give up in this situation." Yuno's words suddenly rang through her head. Miki shakes her head when she remembers it.

"Yuno's right! Asta's not a little kid anymore, besides, he's not gonna give up any soon." She comforted herself.

"...But I'm just gonna find him to see if he's really ok." But her older sister nature took the better of her, making her walk further into the forest.

————————————

"I thought that once I got my grimoire, I'd be able to use magic but...I never thought that I wouldn't even get one." Asta mumbles to himself as he hangs his body upside down on a tree branch.

But remembering his promise with Yuno that day made his eyes light up again.

"But like hell I'm gonna give up!!!" he shouted and stood up on said branch.

Miki, who was looking for the ash-blond boy in the same area, heard the voice.

"Ah! There he is!" She exclaimed as she hid behind a tree to spy look at the boy.

"Don't you dare underestimate me, fate!" he laughed. "I'll show you! Even if it took me one, two, or a hundred years, I'll work hard until I have my grimoire!!"

"Thank goodness he's back to normal..." Miki smiles softly.

"I'll become the Wizard king, and prove to everyone that anyone can be awesome, even when they're poor or just some orphan!" Asta continued.

"Asta..." Miki said, touched by his words. "I could never have that much determination as you."

"I'll show you, Yuno!" he ended.