Chapter 5: Surprise dungeon.

Back at Hage:

Yuno is practicing his magic by using magic to cut the woods in the forest, while Asta is training using his new found sword. They are working very hard for the magic knights exam in 6 months.

"I should wrap up for today." Yuno said to himself. But suddenly, the image of Miki saving both him and Asta that day when Revchi attacked got him thinking again.

Yuno had so many questions for the ginger girl, how is she able to use magic so efficiently? How can she adapt to her grimoire that quickly? How can she fend off the ex-magic knight so easily?

Those thoughts flooded Yuno's mind the night after the fight and continued to linger onto him even when she's not here anymore. It made him look at the girl in a fresh light. He knows she's strong on using magic, but not that strong, she also made him realize that, if he wanted to become a magic knight, he had to get even stronger.

"No, just a bit more." he reminded himself.

————————————

Going back to the church with the pile of wood floating behind him, Yuno suddenly saw Asta running past him, and the kid even taunted him! So with his competitive nature, especially to his childhood rival, the two immediately made it a race.

Running past the church's gate with all of the church's kids at the gate, Rekka shouted "goal!" as the two smallest kids ran up to greet them?

"Who...who got here first?" Asta asked between pants.

"Well...Yuno was a bit faster." Nask replied nonchalantly.

Not giving up, Asta said that he would race the raven haired male into the church, but Yuno quickly shut him up by using magic on him.

"Asta, Miki-san isn't here anymore so you gotta be more careful." Nash said as he and the other kids walked past him.

"Oh yeah, where do you think Miki-san is doing anyway?" Rekka asked.

"I don't know, maybe she's helping a relative of hers." Nash shrugged.

Meanwhile, at the royal castle:

"...250!" Miki shouted as she finally destroyed the large boulder in front of her only using her star whip.

"Alright!" she cheered. "I can clearly see the physical improvement in these few days. Now, how about I learn more spells in my grimoire."

Miki sat down and flip through her grimoire, in there is what is expected of your typical grimoire like spells and such, but what she found that was strange is that in one of the pages she flipped to, there is a big lock symbol with 4 metal chain spread out to the corner of the page.

"Huh? What is this?" The ginger raised her eyebrow, confused on the sight in front of her, normally a spell that the user couldn't unlock yet would just leave the page blank.

"So why is there a lock symbol here?" she questions, her hand glazed over the page.

The ginger is still pondering about what the lock means when suddenly, the grimoire she's holding starts to shake uncontrollably and jolts out of her hands, floating as the pages begin to flip wildly.

"H-Huh??!" Miki stammers in horror at the realization that she suddenly can't control her grimoire anymore "What's going on!?"

Miki has never encountered anything like this before, she had heard very little from books that a grimoire can be corrupted and lose control, but she didn't think it would happen to her, much less when she just got it merely a few weeks ago.