Chapter 11: Back at the capital...again

"Tomorrow is the day that Asta, Yuno and Miki went to the capital!" Father Orsi happily announced. "So we have to send them out with a bang!"

"Father went around the village asking for more tatoes." Sister Lily added. "He also used half of the money the anonymous donor gave to us."

"Father-" Asta wondered, but the priest quickly shuts his excitement down by reminding him that the meal isn't just for him.

"Actually, it's more for Yuno and Miki."

"Father!"

Everyone laughed at the sight, even Miki, but she could not help but feel a little gloomy, today is the last day that she can be with the church. After that, her life is going to be more busy and hectic, especially that deal with her father.

"No no Miki." She silently shook her head. "Focus on the positive things."

"Miki, are you ok?" Yuno's voice snapped the ginger out of her thoughts, making her jump slightly.

"Ah! Yuno?" She turned to see her friend who was looking at her intently, his emotions didn't change, but she saw a hint of worry in it.

"Oh you know, I'm just sad that we had to leave everyone behind." Miki sadly chuckled. "I know we can visit them but..."

"I understand." Yuno bluntly replies.

"Pardon?"
"After going to the capital, we will become magic knights and have to take over a bunch of missions, barely having time to ourselves, much less family." Yuno said, and Miki had to nod at the hard truth.

"But, remember, we will always have eachother's back, wherever we are." Yuno ended, giving Miki a small smile of comfort, it was barely visible, but it speaks volumes.

"Dude, he literally likes you, confess-"

"No, Star."

Their little moment got cut off when both of them heard a big smash and the two saw Asta being smashed onto the wall by sister Lily's magic, leaving a huge dent.

"Asta!" Miki cried out.

"Alright everyone, let's eat!" Sister Lily beamed like she hadn't destroyed the wall behind her with Asta in it. "We have stewed tatoes, tatoe tempura, grilled tatoes, fried tatoes, steamed tatoes, Hage-style boiled tatoes, tatoe juice and even special tatoe pudding!"

"Hey princess, remember to leave some for me too." Apparently humans are not the only ones captivated by sister Lily's cooking.

The night was spent with Miki happily eating and smiling with everyone she cared about, although the food is dry, flaky and definitely not as high quality as the food she had eaten in the capital, but this is still one of the best meals she had ever eaten.

————————————

As soon as the sun went up, Asta, Yuno and Miki had already prepared for their departure, everyone in the church, even the small children, had woken up extra early to say their last goodbyes to them.

"Take care you three." Father Orsi said.

"Remember to write us, Yuno, Miki!" Recca added.

"Of course Recca, I'll update you all on my journey." Miki smiled at the girl, along with a simple "sure" from Yuno.

"Good luck!" Arlu cheered

"Come back soon." Horo, who's more sad, said.

"Oh Asta will come back for sure." Taking from what the young boy had said, Nash added, which obviously ticks Asta.