Chapter 7: Spirit of the grimoire

'Star' hates nobles.

They are spoiled, snobby and most of the time downright evil.

And she was naive to think that there were exceptions. She hates that part of her past self.

That's why she had concealed herself into the astrolabe which also seals the four leaf grimoire that her magic resides in, so no noble would ever use her power to do harm ever again.

She thought the plan was foolproof, and that she would be safe from the horror of discrimination in this world. But on the day of the grimoire acceptance ceremony, she somehow suddenly lost control of her grimoire for a little bit, and some damn brat had gotten it.

She was pissed, her plan of staying hidden was shattered because of this one brat, and she will find out who. So what did she do? Of course she would summon that person suddenly and bring them into this dangerous dungeon where she had concealed herself into, yes, she is that petty.

When she saw the person that had obtained a grimoire, they were not what she had imagined, it was a ginger girl with purple eyes and her first reaction was to scowl at the total stranger who was very confused.

"This is the person that got my four leaf grimoire? What a joke."

Sure, she shouldn't have judged the other girl without knowing who she really is, but what're the chances that this person is not a noble, after all, only people of higher status have stronger mana which they can have a chance at getting her grimoire.

"H-hold on!" the stranger blurted out. "What makes you think I'm a noble?!"

"Are you?" The sentence makes her hopeful, is this finally the day where a commoner defies their fate by their powerful mana-

"Um...well, yes but-"

Aaaannnnddddd her hopes were shattered once again "THEN I WON'T SERVE YOU! ALL YOU NOBLES ARE THE SAME!"

————————————

So Star begrudgingly helped the girl, or now she had learned a princess of the clover kingdom, went back home because apparently, her father, the wizard king, can't stand the idea of his precious princess staying out late. Sounds pretty pathetic to Star, honestly.

"Out of all the nobles and royalties I had to be bound to, a princess had to be the one." she scoffed.

Watching the ginger girl panics as she tries to get home as fast as she could, Star can't help but roll her eyes, she finds it unamusing for a noble, much less a royal to act in such a way when it comes to their family, it's like the princess was different, but there's no way Star would consider that a possibility.

When Miki finally confronts her father, the wizard king, Star takes in his appearance, blonde hair, purple eyes, strange, he doesn't look related to Miki, could it be...

"My daughter!" Julius gasped. "You're back home safe! Where have you been?!"

Star was taken back when the middle aged guy suddenly leaps forward and hugged the girl, well that was unexpected...

"I-"

Oh hell no, there's no way she was going to get exposed to more nobles.

"Don't you even open your mouth about this to anyone." Using her telepathy, she quickly shuts the princess up. Good, at least this one knows how to keep quiet.

She couldn't care less what happened next after that, but she did know that the princess seemingly got grounded, and then a crazy lady with orange hair managed to make a ruckus in the yard and grabbed the princess away.