Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Three...

Two...

One...

The bell sounded, indicating that it was lunch time and I couldn't be happier to leave Mr. Walsh's AP History class.

"Finally," I said as I stuffed my over-sized binder into my bag and walked quickly out the classroom. I made my way to my locker, squeezing past the students who filled Jackson High's halls. Shoving my binder in my locker, I pulled out two notebooks, which I would need for the rest of the day, and shoved them into my bag.

"Addy!" called my best friend, Serenity Allen, as she made her way over to my locker grinning as usual.

Serenity had a way of making people like her everywhere she went it seemed. For starters she was beautiful. Her honey brown hair that reached a bit past her shoulders was pulled up in a ponytail that swayed as she walked. She had striking green eyes that twinkled when she was excited. She was model thin and 1 inch taller than me at 5'8. Her clear face made you wonder how puberty had been so nice to her. Despite all her outer features and popularity, she had the greatest personality ever, most of the time. Actually...no. Let's just say she has her moments.

I gave her a small smile and wave in return. She frowned at my lack of enthusiasm.

"What's wrong?" she asked leaning against the locker neighboring mine.

I closed my locker and faced her. "Nothing just tired. Why are you so happy today Renny? It's Monday."

Her grin returned as she momentarily let me slide. Serenity has been my best friend ever since I moved here about two years ago. Ever since then, she has been really kind and has always tried her best to make sure I fit in even if she didn't know me that well. But then again, no one really knew me that well considering I moved around a lot.

She wrapped her arm around mine as we walked to the cafeteria together.

"Chris said he had an announcement to make at lunch today. He wouldn't tell me though. He kept saying it's some kind of surprise," she said rolling her eyes and pulling me to the cafeteria faster.

"I'm sure it's nothing. He probably said that because he knows you love surprises," I yawned. I really wasn't lying when I said I was tired. I hadn't slept until 2 am this morning because of stupid Mr. Walsh's paper he made due today. Senior year just started two weeks ago. Evil man.

"He better not had lied. I'm already looking forward to it," she said grinning wider.

Chris Rivers has been her boyfriend for a little over a year now and my other best friend for the 2 years I've been here. We met in the summer before sophomore year when I moved down the block from him. He could be goofy and fun at times which made me liked him instantly. He was a football player and best friends with the quarterback Caden Daniels, hence Serenity's popularity and as her best friend and new girl at the time, my own popularity as well.