Chapter 12

I made this one longer as promised :)

Chapter 12

"You know, when you said you needed me I thought it was a sign we were getting back together," Jonathan teased as he bit into his pizza after I caught him up-to-date on the situation. He was surprisingly taking everything in stride.

Before I had moved to Pennsylvania, I had lived in New York where I had stayed for about three and a half months. Jonathan Reed was my boyfriend at the time. I took a liking to him after finding out that he enjoyed doing things I enjoyed. We had so many memorable adventures in New York.

He (very unlike me) was extremely smart, top of his class to be exact. He was very good at getting into things. If it was electronic and used satellite connections to function, he could break into it. If you had pockets, whether buttoned, zippered, or clipped, he could get in it. If you had a lock with a combo or not, he could open it. You get the idea.

A plus to him was how strong and gorgeous he was. He was tall with nice black hair, deep green eyes and his flirtatious trademark smirk. It was hard leaving him when I moved and he was the first boy I've ever tried the long distance thing with. When it didn't work out we agreed that if we ever needed each other we would call. Lucky thing he didn't change his number. He was an essential part in the plan I've been thinking over since my little call to Anne last week.

"Well I'm sorry to have burst that little bubble of hope of yours Natey boy," I laughed.

We sat in a small pizzeria and pasta place not to far from home. It was a nice little family shop that reminded me of a mini Olive Garden.

"I think we've gone way past bursting bubbles. I just get to find out now that my ex's real name is Adelaide and that she's an Italian mafia princess. You just dropped a bomb on my life." he smiled.

"Heiress," I corrected "And, I've never been the trusting type. Or the honest type either."

"I can see that. I guess its a good thing you were fun and pretty huh?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and grinned. "We both know that I'm much more than just a pretty face and a good time." I countered.

"That's true. You were the first girl I've dated that was laid back and down for anything. Especially whenever it came to pulling small jobs."

"Last I checked, hacking into the school's security tapes, editing a video of the principal and Mrs. Tate in the teacher's lounge and then showing it at the new student assembly wasn't exactly a 'small job'." I smirked.

"That was possibly the easiest thing I've ever done... after learning how to pick pockets... and locks... and-"

"I understand, Nate." I laughed. "You are a very skillful guy."

He winked at me. "Very skillful indeed. You of all people should know that. Or do you need a reminder." he leaned in suggestively.

"Behave. Boyfriend remember?" I pushed him back playfully.

He put his hands up in surrender and shot me his trademark smirk. "Well I'm sorry. It's not my fault you're still as beautiful if not more than I last remember."

I tried my best to keep my blush at bay. Before Caden, Jonathan was the only guy in my life I felt butterflies with and unfortunately I had to let him go due to my move. Even while we tried the long distance thing I wanted us to work. However, because I couldn't, and never will, stay out of trouble (illegal or not) my grandparents forced me to move. The fact that the butterflies were a little present now really scared me. I wasn't used to this mess.