Chapter 9

Sorry for some slight mistakes. I proof-read quickly so I might've missed some stuff. Thanks readers!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and like!!!!

Chapter 9

At home I explained everything to Caden and Kat (everyone else was asleep).

Caden let out a small laugh. "At least now we know where your temper comes from."

I gave him a playful shove and rolled my eyes. He grabbed my hand and held it to his chest. His eyes bore into mine. My breath hitched as he continued to stare at me. Kat cleared her throat loudly. I blushed profusely and pulled my hand back.

Kat looked from Caden to me and back to Caden. He cleared his throat. "Well, I'm going to make a smoothie. Anyone want some?"

Kat snorted. "At three am?"

"Yeah why not. You want Addy?" he eyed me.

I nodded. "Strawberry and banana?"

He laughed. "I know and a little cinnamon." When he saw my suspicious look he shrugged. "Anne made me keep a very close eye on your tastes." with that he went to make the drink.

Kat took that moment to occupy the new open space next to me. She narrowed her eyes at me for a while before a huge smile took over her face.

"Did you two, like, make out?" she whispered.

My blush returned as I shook my head and let out a nervous laugh. "What do you mean?"

Kat didn't falter. "You guys definitely made out. I could see it. Is that what happened when you left me and Ginelli?"

I sighed. "I wouldn't say we... made out per se. We kissed and he asked me to be his girlfriend." I whispered back. The blender went on.

"Oh my gosh what did you say?" she shook me, grinning.

I pried her hands off of me and laughed. "I said yes but-"

Kat shrieked and pulled me into a bear hug. We both fell to the floor which led to us becoming a mass of giggles and pj's. It felt good to have another friend besides Serenity. Caden peeked in the room and shook his head before heading back into the kitchen.

Kat sat up and wiped tears from her eyes. I fixed my pj top and sat up to.

"I'm so happy for you guys Addy. You two are so cute." she gushed.

I nodded and threw her a smile. She saw right through it. "Okay you're obviously not as happy as I am about this. So what's up?" she asked.

I waited a bit and continued when I heard the blender turn back on. "Look I like Caden-"

"Alot" Kat inserted. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay I like him alot but as soon as I said yes I started thinking about... well about the fact that I... I'm not ready for a lot of people to know, you know?"

"Why not?"

"Because Anne is out for the people I care about most. What happens if I get really close to Caden and then she takes him from me like she did with my grandparents? I know I may not show it well but I don't think I could handle that again. Especially to Caden."

Kat stayed quiet for a moment. When I looked up at her she was staring at something behind me. I turned around and saw Caden holding two cups of creamy pink smoothie. I hadn't even heard the blender turn off. Kat stood up and stretched dramatically.

"Well I will see you guys tomorrow." she said before heading to her room. Caden came over and handed me my smoothie. I gave him a small smile.

"Try it. It's the best smoothie you will ever have in your life." he grinned sitting down next to me on the floor.