Chapter 5

Thank you to all my readers!!! Sorry if this is short and not really eventful . I appreciate and love you all dearly! Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment <3

-Dani

Chapter 5

I woke up on the couch with an ice pack on my head. The clothes were back in the suitcase and Caden was standing over me discussing me with Gina.

"Look, you need to see it from her side," Gina pointed at me. "She hasn't seen her parents since she was three. She probably misses them like crazy. We don't even know what Anne did to her mom either."

"Anne is watching everything we do, Ginelli. Don't you think she will notice a buying tick-"

"We both know that we can just call Kat and explain why we need her help. She has the resources we-"

"This isn't just some job though Gina! This is people's lives we are talking about here!" Caden stood up in front of Gina obviously pissed. No one even saw me get up.

"I know that Caden! I'm trying to tell you that! You were the one that said it was a good idea anyway!"Gina yelled right back.

I got up feeling slightly dizzy but not much. I groaned at the light feeling in my head. They both looked at me and rushed to get me some water and some granola bars. I gladly accepted it and realized it was my first meal for the day.

"What happened? I remember talking to Anne and then hearing my-my mother," The first time hearing my mother in like fourteen years and I couldn't even speak to her.

Caden rubbed my back "You fainted. I guess you were under too much pressure and stress at the moment."

I nodded. That's happened before. My grandfather always warned me that if I were going to be such a hot-headed child, I should always learn how to calm myself down. Oh well, maybe next time grandpa.

"What were you guys arguing about anyway?" I asked while starting my third granola bar. What? I'm hungry.

Caden and Gina shared a glance. Gina piped up first "You remember hearing Anne mention our friend Kataline right?" I nodded and she continued "Well she is my best friend honestly and she hates Anne too. Also...she is like a multibillionaire and she could supply everything we need to go."

"Where?"

"To Italy of course," she smiled. Gina actually smiled...at me.

"Oh, how old is your friend?" I asked. I actually thought this idea was sounding pretty good.

"She's eighteen. Just turned last month actually. Had a huge party in Spain and everything," Caden muttered.

I nodded. Anne had formed her own little junior heist society it seemed. This woman was proving to be more and more intelligent than I thought. She obviously knew how to exploit people in a way that tricked them into believing that she was somehow beneficial to them both.