Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I saw him leaning on his car with his arms folded across his chest. It was after four o'clock and he was wearing sunglasses. He nodded to the passenger side before getting into the car. I walked over and tried to open the door but it was locked. I peeked in and saw Caden smirking. He unlocked the doors.

"Oops," he said, still smirking as I got in.

"Idiot," I mumbled as I put my seat-belt on.

He drove for a while before pulling into a path that led through the forest, which was very common here in Pennsylvania. People liked camping and stuff. I pulled my hair out my ponytail and ran my fingers through it. My hair was dark and long, almost to my waist when straightened. My grandmother said I got that from my father. I smiled out the window as my hair blew in the wind.

Caden continued to drive before stopping on a pretty secluded grassy area. I followed as he got out the car and walked over to a tree. He leaned on the tree casually, folding his arms across his chest. I walked over to him but stopped before I got too close. He smirked at the distance. I rolled my eyes and mimicked his stance.

Silence surrounded us for a long time before he finally spoke up.

"I know you have questions Addy. You might as well just say what's on your mind."

I asked the question that was bothering me the most the whole way here. "Why my room? Why not my locker or something?"

I watched as an amused smirk crawled onto his face. "I liked the challenge getting into your room posed. I also wanted to make sure you would  be alone when you got the note."

"Why? How did you even get on my property?" I asked.

He shrugged but said nothing. I didn't have time to play games. I wanted answers and if I had to use a method of his I would. I stepped a little closer and smirked. He raised an eyebrow in surprise but said nothing. I was in arm's reach.

"Tell me everything you know about Anne then," I said sweetly as I ran my hands down his biceps.

If he was shocked or affected by my question or actions he didn't show it. He leaned his head back onto the tree trunk and closed his eyes. I took this moment to take in his features. The feeling in my gut came back as I took in his abs outline through his black t-shirt. His arms were slightly flexed as he had them folded like that. His hair fell boyishly over his forehead. He looked so peaceful.

When he opened his eyes again, I quickly looked away. But I didn't miss the growing smug look on his face.

"Done checking me out so I can answer your question?"

I felt the blood rushing to face even though I fought against it. I turned my head hoping my hair would help hide my stupid blush and stepped back. Unfortunately, Caden had other ideas. I barely noticed when he closed the distance between us and tucked my hair behind my ear. I looked at him and got lost in his eyes...again.