Chapter 12

Mamè's Pov.

It was decided that we stay the day

It was decided that we stay the day. To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement. Joe's father kept glaring hard at me. He's mother, sister and Jordan kept throwing shots at me hoping I would get triggered but I kept my head down trying to eat the food in front of me. Joe's other family were nice and lovely. They welcomed the twins with open arms. Trinity who was Joe's cousin in-law was super nice by distracting from everything.

"Mamè come with me inside while the kids play. They'll be alright. " Trinity said to me as I was watching my boys play around the backyard with the other kids.

I didn't want to leave them knowing deep down that joes parents didn't want them here. We are only here because they didn't want to lose their son to me. I saw joe and his cousins gathered just near where the boys were playing so I went inside with Trinity.

"Sorry about this but I needed the help." Trinity said showing me a pile of dirty dishes. 'What was I supposed to do ?' I thought to myself. "Joshua's wife isn't here so I thought that maybe you would help me with the dishes."

"Why isn't Jordan or Joe's sister doing that? " I asked.

She gave me the bored stare. "Girl, we in a Samoan household here. Its the wifes duty to clean after the family when gatherings like this are done. Jordan is not yet a wife and Summer is not a wife. I know you not one too but I can't do this alone." She said begging and I gave in taking my heels off, getting started with the dishes.

"Where is Jordan by the way? "I asked Trinity as she wiped the dishes. "She is outside with the family." She replied which didn't surprise me. Jordan was a spoilt brat who was used to people doing things for her.

She explained to me what it took to be married to a Samoan and even being a wrestler

She explained to me what it took to be married to a Samoan and even being a wrestler . She told me how she wasn't easily accepted in the family when she started dating her husband. She also asked me about my situation with Joe and the twins which I answered briefly leaving out the part with Joes parents. I could see that she was used to doing this.

We proceed to talk about our lives. "So you just came here with nothing but hope that you would win the competition? " she asked.

"Yes and I did." I said.