Chapter 13-Eren

Chapter 13

Eren's POV

As my breath fogged the air, my eyes glinted murderously and my skin grew so warm it was a danger for anyone to touch.

It was cold where I was, and I hoped that Loki had understood my message when I last spoke to him. It had been several days now, but I knew no one would go to him unless they had exhausted every other option. Hopefully Thor would at least make him recount our last moments together.

My stomach was past rumbling at this point. I'd been dragged here and left, and hadn't seen a crumb of food. Sitting against the wall, I scowled and scoffed. The person who had taken me would surely die when Thor got here. And if Thor was not willing to kill him, then Loki. Loki would not hesitate.

Stretching one hand up toward the icy snow bank that covered every wall except the one I was leaning against, I melted a handful of water and didn't let a drop spill. The drier I was, the warmer I could be.

My head was pounding, either from the lack of food, the cold, or a combination of both I couldn't decide, but it was intensely painful.

The door opened and I raised my head defiantly.

My captor grinned wickedly. "Perhaps I was wrong; the young prince doesn't care for you as much as you led us to believe." Led him to believe. Please. He had left me a single note telling me not to raise an alarm otherwise the palace would burn; that's all the interaction I'd had. I'd only been able to tell that he was from somewhere cold because of the temperature of my room when I'd walked in.

"You assumed from one interaction; that is hardly enough evidence to assume Loki cares about me." He did though, I knew that. He would find me, take me to Asgard, and lock me in his room. He may even go so far as to handcuff me to him.

"If he has not found you by tomorrow, we will have to send him a gift. You should hope for your sake that he comes."

He left again, and I rolled my eyes. What would he do? I doubted he would hurt me; he should know that if he did then he would surely die.

Did Loki even know I was missing? Did he think I decided to quit visiting him?

I couldn't think like that. I had to believe he was looking for me, even if it was only him. Even to believe that the rest of Asgard was actively looking, I wouldn't be able to keep this up if he wasn't looking.

Even worse...what if he knew, and he didn't care? He told Thor to let him be, that he didn't want to break out when I may have just been talking an extended stroll around the garden?

I closed my eyes. Happy thoughts, Eren, happy thoughts. Loki was looking for me. He had broken out of prison and was searching high and low. He was right outside the door...no, he wasn't.

I was going to die.

Through a narrow slit I got light and fresh air, so as the sky darkened I positioned myself in the least uncomfortable position I could and hoped my heat lasted until I woke up. If I woke up.

~

Loki burst into my cell, lifted me into his arms. "Eren, wake up! We're leaving!" My eyes didn't open.

"She's asleep, Brother. Bring her; we need to go."

"You carry her; I'm too cold."

They dashed out, carrying me with them. But my eyes didn't open. They never would again. Loki just had yet to realize that I was-

My eyes flew open and I gasped; it was a dream. I'd dreamt Loki and Thor coming. Another night was gone. My stomach was emptier than ever, my throat was dry, and I was less hopeful than ever before. I had less than twelve hours before my captor took something to send to Asgard. To Loki.

I'll admit; I was terrified.

But Loki would find me; he had to find me. Before that man took anything from me.