Epilogue

Epilogue

Loki, the prince of Asgard...

Loki, the self-proclaimed king...

Loki, the destroyer of worlds...

...had a job.

...lived quietly.

...was married.

I know. It shocked me too.

But two years down the road, after visiting a lot of the international natural wonders, like Angel Falls, the Grand Canyon, etc., he took me to a small town in Alaska, and built me a house. Literally, with his own hands, built the house.

Several other people in the town helped out, but he directed them, he put it all together. I did the welding, when no one was watching.

Our house was gorgeous. Completely modernized on the inside, but just plain gorgeous on the outside. I couldn't believe that Loki had built it.

He hadn't let me see it all during the building, just bringing me the things he needed welded and taking them back. I stayed in a neighbor's house, and couldn't see from the window.

It had been a huge reveal. After a few months, right as the cold was starting to set in, he had rushed in, grabbed me around the waist, and pulled me outside. The temperature of his skin and the sudden blast of cold made me shiver, and he dropped his hands, but I almost instantly warmed back up and grabbed his hand. He pulled me down the street (if you could call it that) and made me close my eyes.

I complied, finding his good mood contagious.

"Now look!" he said, and I opened my eyes to see a huge house, with dark stained wood on the outside, a large deck, windows covering it. It looked like a log cabin, but infinitely times nicer.

"Loki, this is amazing!" I leaped into his arms and gave him a hug. "Is the inside done?"

He nodded, and I dragged him up. The interior was just as beautiful as the exterior.

After I'd finished exploring, I sat on a couch in the living room, and he sat next to me. "I love it. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Then suddenly I remembered. There was something I'd been meaning to tell him for almost a week now, but he came back late and left early, wanting to make use of the sunlight he had before it all went away.

"Loki," I said, my smile getting bigger, "I have a surprise for you too."

"What's that?" he asked.

"You may hafta catch me to make me say!" I got up and started running around. Suddenly I wasn't so sure how he'd react, and I was procrastinating.

He caught me when I hit the top of the stairs and was halfway to the first guest room. We had like three guest rooms for some reason. Well, maybe he'd been anticipating something like this.

"What's your surprise?" he asked, and I turned around in his arms.

"Swear you won't flip out, because you have no reason to be upset."

His grip loosened. "Eren?"

"Swear, Loki."

"I swear. What are you talking about?"

I smiled widely. "Loki, I'm pregnant."

He froze, and I could tell he was trying hard to honor his promise. His muscles got stiff, and I almost wiggled out, but thought better of it.

"Loki," I said calmly, "there's nothing to worry about."

His eyes caught mine. "Eren, you're forgetting what I am."

"And what are you?"

His eyes flashed red and he backed away. I shook my head. All this time, and he still thought he was a monster.

Though he still had blue skin, and it was icy to the touch, I pressed my lips to his. He almost literally melted, his skin becoming pale again. I released him.

"Loki Odinson, you may not be the kindest soul on earth, but you try the hardest and you do your best. DNA doesn't change that. Now, if our child is half of the man you are, I'm going to be the luckiest woman ever. So stop pouting, and celebrate with me."

He shook his head. "I just don't want it to hurt you, that's all."

I laughed. "Please, Loki. I'm used to dealing with the cold; I can handle a baby, even if he has blue skin."

"Why do you keep saying 'he'?"

I shrugged. "Maybe I want a boy. Why? What do you want?"

"I want you to be happy, so boy it is."

And a boy it was. We named him Vance Zachary Edson (since Odinson would've been a highly suspicious surname, we used mine).

The people in our little village accidentally found out about us through the little tyke, since he went running around in a diaper and never got sick; in fact, all it did was make him turn blue and gave him red eyes. He did so in his father's arms, but he got warm in mine. I concluded that he had some of both of our powers, and loved him for it.

The townspeople were really nice about us too. Whenever someone couldn't start a fire, they'd come to me, or if they needed something done, like a child was lost in a snowstorm, they would call Loki. I tended to avoid snowstorms as much as I could. It just so happened that being out in them gave me tiny, minuscule panic attacks. I dunno why. Probably had something to do with my kidnap. Once I got caught in one almost four miles from the house, and had Vance not been with me (he was fifteen), I wouldn't have been able to get home. Loki had been so proud of Vance for dragging me all that way.

Our lives were perfect. We had three biological kids before Loki decided he wanted to adopt, and the three adopted kids fit perfectly into our family. They also accepted the Edson's abnormalities and powers with ease. However, we didn't let the news of our powers go farther than that.

So, to summarize, I became friends with the most arrogant person in all of the nine realms, he left me, I pursued him, and after a few trials, we fell in love and moved to Alaska, where we raised six kids and lived forever. Seriously. Having three half-Asgardian kids impregnate me gave me a longer lifespan, and Thanos didn't take as much from Loki as he thought. We both lived for at least a thousand years more, and since no one really moved out of that town, our existence stayed quiet.

Thor visited a few times on his way to see Jane, whose lifespan had also increased. After the first hundred years, when all of our kids were grown up and gone, Jane went to live in Asgard, but came back for holidays.

We made our own little infinite family. And it was beyond perfect. I got to stay with my Loki, and he got to stay with me. Forever.