Chapter 16-Weakness

Chapter 16

I woke up safe and warm in my own bed, with a healer standing by.

"Good morning, Lady Eren," she said.

"Good morning." I started to sit up, but she rushed over to me.

"Stay lying down please. We need to let your body rest as much as possible while getting you the nutrients you need."

I nodded, and she let me drink and eat only a little bit (as not to flood my system, she said), before walking toward the door. "Could you ask Thor to come?" I asked. I had fallen asleep shortly after getting in the ship and had no idea what had happened. Honestly everything from the moment Thor had given me back that paper was slightly fuzzy. I could remember heat, and anger. Loki's form on the ground, making me so infuriated I couldn't think.

"Of course, my lady."

A few minutes later the doors opened and Thor walked in. "Eren, I am glad to see you awake."

"I don't remember much; did I hurt you last night?"

His eyes widened. "I believe you mean two nights ago; you have been asleep for over a day."

"Oh, well, yeah. Let me see."

He chuckled. "Eren, you did not hurt me. It was the boat you touched, not I."

"Someone touched me though-Loki! I have to see him!" The one thing that was absolutely clear to me was his rigid position, the single nod that told me Thanos had in fact tortured him.

I jumped up, completely ignoring the healer's instruction, and started to run toward the door, but I swayed, and I would have fallen had Thor not caught me.

"Once you have recovered some of your strength. Mother and the healers would be very displeased if they found out I had let you leave."

"Please, Thor. I have to see him."

"Not right now. Lay back down and rest."

Being still too weak to do much more than listen to him, I laid back down and crossed my arms defiantly. "At least tell me how he is."

A hard expression passed over his face. "My brother has not shown himself to me since we returned. I have seen nothing but an image made of magic."

"Is he mad? Does he talk about what happened?"

"No. He hardly speaks. Rest, Eren. When you can walk on your own we will see him, I promise you that."

I nodded and he left.

Loki was important right now. I had to see my friend. Standing up, I took a deep breath and began to shakily make my way to the door, grabbing onto anything I could find. Once I saw Loki I would be okay. I could rest there in front of his cell as I had so many days ago.

Surprisingly, I made it all the way to the dungeon entrance without being apprehended by a healer, servant, or Thor. But there Sif found me.

"Eren!" She leaped to my side, and while I was grateful for the support, I knew she would take me away back to my room. "What are you doing up? You have been seriously malnourished!"

"I just need to see Loki," I said, pulling away from her.

She held tight, and searched my face for a moment. "You struggled all this way to see Loki?"

"I did."

"Then I will assist you the rest of the way."

Surprised, I took a moment to move. She tugged me along, making me trip over my own feet, but Sif just laughed and kept me upright.

"I will stay, to take you back," she offered.

"No. I can call a guard or something. Thank you."

She nodded and I sat down in front of his cell. At the moment his back was to me, but I wasn't sure if I was seeing magic or the real him.

I waited until she was gone before speaking. "Thank you for coming."

"You should rest."

"Not until I know you're okay. I know you touched me, and I know it hurt you. I'm sorry. You came to save me and I burned you." My voice wavered and I leaned against the wall.

He didn't respond, but laid down so that I could see half of his face. He was staring at the ceiling.

"You were just on time though. I was afraid I was about to die when Thor showed up. I thought he was you at first. When he told me you were occupying Thanos, I didn't give him the choice to keep me away."

"You should rest," he said again. I understood this time that he wasn't ready to talk, and he wasn't suggesting that I go back up to my room. I laid down on the top step and closed my eyes. Sleep came almost immediately.