Chapter two - The Train

Nico got up, put clothes on (a black t-shirt, aviator jacket, and black skinny jeans with black converse) and looked at the list. okay, he thought, first books. he went and gathered the ones on his list (A/N sorry about descriptions, I'm being lazy) and hurried to get his robes. he walked in and was saw to immediately. in there he saw Harry Potter.

Harry watched as a dark, Goth-looking boy, about his age walked into the shop. He looked at the boy, and he caught Harry doing it. Harry stopped himself from rolling his eyes, but as he watched, the boy rolled his eyes. who does he think he is?! Harry's mind screamed with anger. I am the boy who lived! and He dare smirk at me! but as he watched, when she was about to roll his sleeve up, he jerked away, but it was to late, Harry saw the beginnings of a tattoo. A Death-eater! He thought savagely. He heard him mutter
"Can I please get a private room?"
"Of course" she answered.

Geez, Nico thought. I wonder what would happen if people saw the scars on my arms from Tartarus and numerous battles. As he watched Harry, he knew Harry didn't trust him. after that was over and paid for, he went to Olivander's wands.
As he walked in, he saw a kind looking old man come into the small room.
"Hello" he said cheerfully. Nico nodded his head. "By the looks of you, I think I have the perfect one" He went of to the back. After a couple minutes, he returned carrying a box made out of wood that was stained black.
"This is one my family has been waiting to sell for years" he said. "Mahogany, core from the tail of a Pegasus. Unyielding, and believed to be the only Pegasus hair left in the world." Nico inwardly smirked as he handed it to Nico. Almost at once, almost all the shadows in the room seem to create a dark armor over him, then returned to their places. "Well that doesn't happen often" he commented.
"What?" Nico asked, truly curious.
"For a student to get a wand on the first try." Nico was at a loss for words, so he paid the man and left.
The following morning, he gathered his books, trunk and other things, and headed toward the train station. as he walked, he felt someone watching him. The three stood there, looking at him, talking in hushed tones. he smirked, and kept walking, but not before over hearing bits of their conversation.
"Death-eater, sure of it"
"How'd you know?"
"Tattoo" by that time, he was to far away, to hear anything else.
On the train, he found an empty compartment, sat down on one side, swung his legs up on the bench, pulled out a book, propped it up on his legs and read (A/N the books are in greek).
At one point, he fell asleep. He woke up (but didn't open his eyes). The train was moving. He felt some one touching him, starting to roll up his sleeve. Quick as lightning, he grabbed the person's wrist, and spoke quietly. It made the person he was holding jump.
"don't ever touch me again." he said, menace lacing itself through his words. he opened his eyes. there stood Ron, Harry and Hermione standing and the door.
Ron swallowed.
"Oh . . .okay" he said. Nico looked at the watch on his left wrist.
"Well, I better be getting robes on". Nico said
"Us too" Hermione said, and they left quickly.

as the train stopped, Nico heard a voice shouting
"Firs' years! O'er 'ear!" Nico got up. "An' who migh' you be?" He asked Nico.
"I'm an exchange student from The Salem Institution of Magic. Fifteen. Nico, Nico Di Angelo"
"you look more like inferni Angelo to me" (A/N translation ; Hell's Angel) a smug voice said behind Nico. He turned around to find a pale boy, with blond almost white hair.
Nico smirked at the inside joke, gave the slightest nod, and turned around.

Nico felt stupid. He was about two feet taller than the first years as they stood, waiting to be sorted.
Finally, the professor called his name. "Di Angelo, Nico" she said. As he sat on the stool, he
could fell the hat trying ti get into his mind. Some wall you've built up here. It said. I try to keep it that way. Nico replied back. Well I'm going to have to see them sometime. The hat said back. You sure you want to see them? Nico questioned. Yes, quite. He said in Nico's mind. Nico let the wall down, and the hat went through the memories. Good heavens, boy! It exclaimed. How in the world are you still sane? Nico thought for a second. I don't think I really am. The hat gasped, and memories of Bianca and Tartarus flooded into his mind. You deserve Gryffindor, boy. The hat said, and it shouted out. Nico rushed of the stool, eager to have people's eyes taken of him. As he sat down, some pink lady started talking, but Nico zoned out. He started tapping his knee and his foot. Hermione shot him a dirty look.
"A-D-H-D" he mouthed. She pursed her lips, but gave a slight nod of understanding.

I can't believe it! Harry thought how did he get Gryffindor?! Harry thought. After the meal, the Gryffindors went up to the common room.
"Up there is the boys dormitories, girl's are on the opposite side" Harry saw Hermione pointing for the new boy. He heard him reply with a hasty thanks and ran up before anybody else. What's his hurry?

Nico ran up to his room and opened his trunk. Good. He thought. He saw his Stygian iron sword and dagger. It felt good. . . to possess such . . . power. he heard boys coming up the stairs and quickly put them away. At that moment, he realized how tired he was, and without bothering to change his clothes, fell on his bed and fell asleep, despite the bustling and laughter from other boys.

huh. Harry thought, as he watched Nico sleep, not bothering to change clothes or even pull the blankets over himself.

It was dark, midnight probably, when Harry woke up. Across the room, he saw Di Angelo
shivering and muttering. in his sleep, Nico looked younger, more approachable, kinder. He watched as he lay there, shivering. He listened to Nico mutter and caught this;
No! How could you Percy! I trusted you! Then; Dad, please . . . Bianca please! Suddenly Nico bolted upright, staring at nothing and breathing heavily. Harry Pretended to sleep.

I watched percy all over again. telling me of Bianca the night she . . .died. Then the dream changed to his father taunting him. "You'll never be as good as Bianca" then Bianca. "Your just a nobody!" she said "nobody wants you, or ever will"
Nico bolted upright. He was the only one awake. He got up, and went to the common room. he put his head in his hands, and tried to convince himself the dream wasn't real. He went back to his bed and fell asleep.

When he woke up, he found someone prodding him with a wand.
"Bloody hell, mate, he sleeps like the dead" He heard Ronald Weasley talking.
"I'm up" Nico groaned. he got up and rubbed his eyes. People were starting to wake
up. He pulled the curtains and got changed. As he tugged his shirt off, he examined his scars. Imagine the looks they'd give me if they saw these. He thought, smirking (A/N Im only going as far as the shirt, the rest make me feel sorta weirded out). as he drew back the curtains, he fiddled with his tie. How the Hades do you do this?! He thought. He walked up to face the back a mature looking guy looking in the mirror. Nico cleared his throat.
"Could you . . .um . . . help me with this?" He asked.
"Sure" he said. "I'm Seamus, by the way, Seamus Finnegan" Nico could feel the heat in his cheeks rising as Seamus put his hands around Nico's neck. "What, do you think I'm a vampire or something, going to bite you?" Seamus asked, laughing.
"No" Nico muttered. He was thankful when Seamus finished.

As Hermione walked to her next class, she carried the usual load of books. But, she stumbled over her robes, and the books fell. Every last one. Nico, knowing Hermione from camp, came and helped her pick them up.
"Thanks" she said, hurrying away. As she did though, Nico watched as Ron walked over, a sour look on his face.
"Look here" he said. "stay away from my girl"
"I didn't know you were dating" he said, smirking.
"We're aren't, but keep your bloody hands of her"
"Look, here" Nico said. "I don't like your girl, nor will I ever"
"Are you saying she's undesirable?" Ron fired.
" I'm saying I don't take interest in girls!" Nico fired back.
"So you mean -" Ron asked surprised, and on an awkward situation
"Yes. And if anybody asked, this never happened" Nico said menacingly. He turned around and stalked off, leaving Ron gawking.