Chapter Eight - Just a Cliché Capture Party

Nico folded his arms on his desk, and rested his head, sighing. The crew was supposed to be at Hogwarts three days ago. So that meant either they were captured (highly unlikely), they forgot (pretty unlikely), or they were late (probably). But three days? Honestly.

Unfortunately, be captured was exactly what happened to them.

"What in the Hades kinda lame-o cliché name is that?" Leo stood up, the chains binding him to the wall clinking.
"Sorry?" Said the stranger. His voice was deep, and vaguely resembled a knife. Smooth, cold, and sharp. Percy could've sworn he knew that voice.
"Who are you" the son of Poseidon stood, taking a protective stance. The three other demigods followed suit.
"unlock them" said the stranger. Their cuffs dropped to the floor, but no being made physical contact with the half-bloods. Will shivered, rubbing his wrists.
"Follow me."  The stranger turned around, walking away, leaving the demigods, unchained, alone.
"We could try to get out." Suggested Leo.
"We have no clue where we are. For all we know, we could die the moment we step out that door" Annabeth countered.
"So we follow the creep?" Leo asked.
"Best we got" Jason shrugged. Annabeth sighed, but did not object. The five demigods followed single file through the door.
Their eyes adjusted to the harsh, fluorescent-type light. But the light didn't come from a bulb. It came from the brightly shining liquid, trying desperately to show through dark liquid, which was currently winning. The funniest part, though, was that these liquids made up the walls, ceiling and floor. And it was ever-fighting. The demigods walked cautiously through the corridor, their eyes hardly leaving the walls. They (eventually) came to a rather ginormous room. It was circular, with tall pillars, and magnificent paintings on the ceiling, that were perfect down to the very last detail. But the goddess it depicted . . . didn't Percy know her? He looked to
Annabeth for some clue, and was met with a look of fear and confusion as she gazed at the intricate murals. It quickly vanished as the teenagers' (A/N scare the living - nOPE NopE nOPe SORRY) gaze landed on the twenty-two embellished chairs lining the sides of the room, and finally, the sovereign's cathedra, in the dead center. It was pure black, as if, for this one piece of furniture, the light matter was defeated, and lined with dark jewels, such as emeralds, garnets, amethysts, and sapphires. The escort took his seat in one of the chairs next to the centerpiece, and stared at them, his physique confident.
"I only count two" remarked a darkly dressed, irritated-looking woman, sitting in the one of the front chairs to the left.
"She's right" agreed a smug, sleazy man sitting behind her. The Escort's demeanor changed slightly, and he sneered at them,
"Like you could've done better" (A/N who else gets those sibling love feels?). Suddenly, a man in a shimmering gold and magenta walked into the room, and took a right side front seat.
"What did I miss?" he asked, slumping in the seat.
"Brother dear only brought two" said a serene-looking, elegant woman, which would have been fine, except for her eyes, which were glowing with joyous insanity.
"less like 'Moros', more like 'Moron'" murmured the slick-haired man.
"I heard that!" the Escort/Brother Dear said defiantly.
"You are all honestly children" said the first woman. The demigods stood helplessly in the middle.
"Well, for starters, where's the third?" said Late-N-Lazy.
"Sent on some quest in Scotland. I've already sent a Retrieval party to collect him"
"Wait, are you talking about Nico?" butted in Will. The room became silent, and seven pairs of eyes settled on the demigods. Thanks! Thought Percy bitterly, as the silence grew thicker. The Escort looked slightly surprised, as did the others, like they had forgotten the children.
"You may return to your cell" said the deranged woman. A faceless, nearly formless servant composed completely of shadows lead them away from the grand setup, and back to the darkness.

"May I just say what the actual-" Leo was cut off by Annabeth.
"No"
"Excuse me?"
"No, you may not just say."
"He is right" countered Jason, joining the conversation. "What did just happen?"  Annabeth sighed.
"I don't know what, but I think I know where" The demigods looked towards Annabeth's faint outline, waiting.   "Now, this isn't mentioned in every history book, and I'm just going off a book I read. Most of the Gods don't even believe it. But, the mansion that Nyx has in Tartarus is said, in the book, to be a downsized replica. It was said that far beyond the rest of the gods lies a grand palace, which Nyx deserted after having to be with Hemera. It spoke of the paintings on the ceiling, the throne of Nyx, the chairs for her children. But one thing confused me, though. When it talked about the place, it said that the walls were black as Nyx herself. But these have the light in them."
"Maybe since she left, light has found its way into the walls." Jason suggested.
"Any clues as to who those were?" he bit his lip (A/N not stapled guys)
"The man in the purple toga was probably Hypnos." She answered.
"What about the one who looked like she skipped day care and went straight to the mental ward?" Leo asked.
Annabeth racked her brain, thinking of Nyx's children. "Probably Lyssa, goddess of madness."
"Well she certainly fit the job" muttered Percy.
"They said that they only had two. I mean, we're five, so what were they talking about?" Will asked. There was a short silence before Annabeth answered.
"Children of the (A/N gra-have dam so many song lyric opportunities) big three."
"What?" Percy demanded.
"It's easy. We have you and Jason, and then Nico went to Hogwarts which is in Scotland . . ."
"But what do they want us for?" Percy said, growing agitated.
"I don't know" Annabeth sighed.
"We need to warn Nico". Will stood up, determined.
"And how do you suppose we do that?" Leo said, his tone sarcastic. Will sat back down, deflated. "Well y'all are friggin boxes of sunshine, aren't you?" Annabeth sighed.
"Crap"

*****

"crap" is pretty dam right. Wow. Is there an ongoing list of 'worst authors on wattpad', cause I think I'm on it. So . . . recently, I have been marathoning The Hunger Games, listening to "That's The Spirit", and losing iPads. Jesus, I do that a lot.

okay question (for those who have read or watched The Hunger Games);

homosexuality in the districts. Do you think it would be as welcome and normal as heterosexuality, or do you think it's so illegal, it's punishable by death? Or somewhere in between?

Okay, that's all!

~MJ

P.S. This ain't a scene, it's a

gah

dah

arg

ras