Chapter six - the Ravenclaw

Nico waited for the other four half-bloods. As he did, he walked aimlessly around the giant room. It was like a giant library, and had gigantic couches that looked like you would sink so far into them, you might never get out.
"Hello, Nicola" said a breezy voice said from behind him. Nico spun around to find Luna Lovegood standing in the walkway behind him. He breathed a sigh of realization as he registered her face. She was wearing a pair of navy skinny jeans and a navy, pink, and white sweater with white converse.
"hey, Rainbow Girl" he replied, smiling slightly.
"Death Boy" she retorted, smiling even wider.
"Have we missed anything?" Draco asked from behind Luna, Hermione following close behind.
"Nope, we're now just waiting for Sam " he said. They waited for a second in awkward silence (A/N I seem to radiate awkward silence sometimes. Anyone else?). Finally, the four demigods heard the doors close.
"Did I miss anything?" Sam asked, breathlessly. Her eyes darted over the other students. "Neeks!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms around his neck. he awkwardly patted her back, unused to the feel of physical contact.
"Alright, back to the point" Hermione urged.
"Right. Anyway, I talked to Will, and he said that He, Percy, Annabeth, and Leo will probably be coming. I think it's because To-Voldemort is more powerful than they anticipated." he paused for a second, looking at the other half-bloods.
"You almost said Tom, Voldemort's real name. As if on impulse. As if you knew him" Hermione pointed out, her eyes narrowing. Nothing gets past that girl, Nico thought.
"At one point, yes" he admitted.
"How?" Draco asked.
"Back when I lived in Italy, Right after Bianca and I were orphaned, we went to an orphanage, and he became my friend." Nico explained. Hermione noticed that he had flinched when he mentioned Bianca. She didn't know that much about Bianca, mainly because Nico hardly ever brought her up. Bianca was a touchy subject for Nico, but then again, when your only sister sister died, Hermione could only imagine. "So!" Nico said, changing the subject. "Has anyone found anymore half-bloods yet?" he rubbed his hands.
"I think there's another Hermes kid in Slytherin. I think he's a . . . third year, maybe." Draco piped up. Nico nodded his head.
"I've been watching a possible Athena guy in Ravenclaw" Sam said. "We're friends . . . he's really nice . . ." she said, getting a faraway look on her face. Nico raised his eyebrows.
"Anyway, um . . . well, that's great. Anyone coming to Camp anytime soon?" he asked, looking around.
"I might" Hermione said. "But I have to ask my parents, not to mention the work from my extra classes over the break." Nico smiled. Most of the students would normally go "ugh" when it comes to schoolwork, but Hermione was all over it. He assumed it was because she knew the alternative, which was mortal public school. Of course, he could hardly do either, seeing as he was so incredibly ADHD and dyslexic.
"So . . ." Sam said. They looked at her, then drifted back into awkwardness. Nico let out a long sigh and got off the arm of the couch that had served as a lovely seat.
"I think that's it. Besides . . . you all need your sleep" he said. They all got up, and Hermione pulled Nico behind.
"Sorry about mentioning your mother" she said quietly. "I know we really struck a cord" she went on, referring to the earlier argument.
"It's fine" he said, waving it off.
"No, really, it's not. I am sorry" Nico smiled slightly.
"Thank you" he said, and with that, they left the room of requirement.

When Nico woke up, the sun's light was illuminating the edges of the leaves of the trees. He tugged his robes on and made his way to the great hall. When he got there, Sam (it was short for Samantha, but the last time someone had called her that, they wound up in the infirmary with a broken nose, a twisted ankle, and a heck of an Indian sunburn). She saw him coming, and smiled slightly.
"You're up early" she said.
"Thanks for noticing" he sassed, taking his seat at the Gryffindor table. He grabbed a piece of toast and started smothering it in jam.
"So what's happening at camp" Sam asked, picking up her plate and sitting in front of Nico.
"Same old, same old, I guess" he replied, shoving down another piece of toast, this time pairing it with bacon. She raised her eyebrow.
"So . . ." She started awkwardly. Soon enough, though, students started rushing into the great hall. Nico noticed Draco and nodded his head in the blond haired Slytherin's direction. Suddenly, a blond boy came running into the hall, stumbling over his robes.
"Sam!" he shouted. Sam's head snapped up, and she waved vigorously at the boy.
"This, Nico, is Cal. Cal, Nico" she waved her hand at Nico but didn't take her eyes of Cal. Cal had the cliché startling grey eyes, and a a light line of freckles across the bridge of his nose.
"Hi" he said, sticking her hand out. Nico shook it.
"Hello" he said.
"So what are you doing today?" Cal asked, his focus returning to Sam.
"Um . . . I don't really know yet" Sam said. They started staring at each other. Nico chuckled slightly. He cleared his throat.
"I'll take that as my sign to leave, then" he said. They both snapped their gazes and looked at Nico. Cal cleared his throat awkwardly while Sam, on the other hand, had a dark blush tinting her cheeks. He smiled.
"You two have fun" he said. He walked away, leaving two slightly flustered students standing in the middle of the hall.

*******

YAY! ANOTHER CHAPTER! Anyway, I am so sorry that took so long. So . . . I think I started shipping my own OC's (I hope that means original characters. As you can tell, I'm not good with abbreviations) anyone else start shipping Sal? NOW. To the interesting stuff. So, for my sis's b-day, my parents decided that they are taking us to see VAN FRIGGIN HALEN IN SEPTEMBER. VAN FRIGGIN HALEN, PEOPLE!!!!!! *Starts humming Hot For Teacher*. So, I want to ask y'all some questions.
1. Favorite song/artist.
2. Favorite OTP. (If you're like me, you have like way more than one)
3. What's you're Zodiac? I'm asking because I am an Aries, and I am thinking about writing a thing where the zodiacs are kids in highschool, and the only thing I have to go off of is the stuff on Pinterest. FYI, I have Aries covered, its just everything else I need.
4. Heroes or Villains.
5. fav TV show
Anyway, comment your answers! I wanna know! My answers are
1. Imagine Dragons (Warriors Single is awesome)
2. Tenpetals.
3. You already know . . . Aries.
4. Villains. All the way. I just love a good psychopath. My fav villains are (in this order)
1. Ultron
2. Moriarty
3. LOKI
4. Bane.
5. Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, or Big Bang Theory.

That's all for now, My randoms! See you later!
~CosmicCat.