Chapter seven - Wait 'Till My Father Hears About This!

Percy woke up to a harsh rapping on his door. He, with more time than it should have taken, unwound himself from Annabeth, and padded quietly to the door. When he opened it, Will Solace, was standing there, bright and happy.
    "Yes?" He asked groggily, still trying to wake up.
    "Chiron wants us" the son of Apollo responded. Percy promptly shut the door in Will's face, and groaned. He gently tapped on Annabeth's shoulder.
    "we're needed"
When Annabeth and Percy finally made it to the pavilion, Will, Leo and. Jason were already there. Chiron looked up at the demigods.
    "So what's up?" Percy inquired, still slightly irritated by the wake up call.
    "Well, now that all of you are here, I'll just get straight to the point. Rachel here -" Percy finally noticed the hunched girl in the corner, wrapping her arms protectively around herself. "-had a dream"
    Rachel spoke quietly, in a way that mirrored her body language "nightmare." Chiron paused to look at her, then resumed.
     "Rachel had a nightmare. She says that there was something dark rising"
    "Again?!" asked Leo disbelievingly. Chiron sighed.
    "I see where you're coming from, Leo, and that's why we need to talk. We hope that we can exterminate this potential threat before it becomes a real threat." Jason nodded his head in agreement. "And because of it, we need to have Nico back at camp, in case any form of connection is lost"
    "Wait, back at camp? I thought he was with the Romans" Annabeth said, crossing her arms.
    "He was going to, but Hades and Hecate needed him." Will nodded slightly, as if for conformation.
    "Wait, did how did you know about this?" Percy asked accusingly.
    "He told me" Percy could have sworn that the son of Apollo smirked.
    "Back on topic, boys" Chiron sighed again. Once he had their attention, he spoke again. "We just need you to go there to either get him back, or if communication is lost, he won' the alone." Percy inwardly agreed.
    "So when do we leave?" He asked.
    "A-s-a-p"

Percy sighed as he led the Pegai from the stables. What's wrong boss? Blackjack inquired. It's just that . . . It hasn't really been long since the war, and things have just started to quiet down . . . Blackjack shook his large head. I feel ya, boss.
    "We ready to go?" Jason came up, Leo and Will following close behind.
    "Yup" after Percy mounted Blackjack, he reached a hand down to help Annabeth, only to find that she was already on the Pegasus. Each of the five waved their goodbyes to the surrounding campers, before taking off.
    About halfway through the journey, they encountered a raging storm.
    "Mind telling your pops to cut the crap?" Leo yelled to Jason.
    "Not his doing" Jason screamed back through the wind. So, of course, they tried to brave the storm. And they would have, until Blackjack confronted Percy. Hey, you know boss, I'm not feeling too peachy. Nor I, or me came the distressed calls of the other animals. So, as said, the would have made it through the storm, until each winged horse lost consciousness. The demigods plummeted towards the angry waves, each losing consciousness in turn.
    the first thing Percy noticed when he woke up was that it was dark. The second was Leo and Jason whispering quietly. Percy groaned, and sat up.
    "where are we?" He asked, his eyes trying to adjust.
     "dunno" Leo replied.
    "why are we here?" Leo sighed exasperatedly.
    "something with the storm" Jason said. Percy hardly opened his mouth, when Jason answered his next question. "It wasn't my dad, but trust me, just wait 'till he hears about this." Percy pursed his lips.
It wasn't until about an hour later that Annabeth and Will woke up.
     "where is this place" came Will's groggy voice. Suddenly, hinges screeched, and a door opened, allowing light to flood the large cell. A dark figure filled up the doorway.
    "the palace of night"

******
Okay, I get it. I have been a complete a-hole. I'm not going to say I am sorry, because it's the lamiest lame-o thing one could say in this situation. And, I know that the chapter was incredibly short . . . but at least it's something. Until next chapter (hopefully not that far away).
~Cat, Queen of Awkwardness.