Kill or be Killed

The next morning, Fallon woke up relatively early

The next morning, Fallon woke up relatively early. She had plans to meet with a contractor about rebuilding her dad's office. But before then, she was going to meet up with a lawyer (or in other words the executor of her fathers will) to discuss his will and who the building belongs to formally, as John claims that he now owns it.

Hence why it went up in flames.

She was also giving Elena and Jeremy a ride to wherever it was they were going and so she wanted to get going now.

"Elena! Get your ass down here now!" She yelled up the stairs and looked back to Jeremy who was laughing at her. "What are you laughing at?" She asks him.

"Nothing. Just missed your grating voice." He says and Fallon scoffs in disbelief.

Their moment was broken when Elena came rushing down the stairs.

"Finally. Let's go." Fallon said and the three made their way out to Fallon's car where she dropped Elena off at the picnic volunteering thing and then Fallon took Jeremy to the Grill where he was going to do some work.

"Have fun, be productive!" She says as he gets out of the car. He shakes his head at her before closing the door and walking away. Fallon sighs and then drives to the local attorney's office and straightens her suit out before walking inside.

She meets the lawyer, they get formalities out of the way and they sit down at a table to discuss her fathers will.

"So, my uncle claims he owns the building because he was my dads brother, but I know for a fact that if his will says otherwise then he has no sole ownership of the property." Fallon starts and the lawyer gives her an impressed look.

"You know your stuff." She commends and Fallon laughs politely.

"I'm a lawyer." She says and the lawyer whose name was Gill, nods.

"That explains it then. This will make it easier for me." Gill says and opens the folder containing her dad's will. "Ah here it is. The Will and execution of Grayson Gilbert subject to the ownership of 'Gilbert surgery and Co.'" Gill reads and Fallon wrings her hands in her lap nervously.

She hoped to God that her name was there and not John's.

"It says here that 'I, Grayson Gilbert, hereby leave sole ownership of 'Gilbert Surgery and Co' to my daughter Fallon Gilbert." Gill reads and looks up to see a smiling Fallon. "Congratulations, Miss Gilbert." She says and Fallon nods to her.

"Thank you. Do I need to sign any documentation?" Fallon asks and Gill looks through her folder again and brings out the required documents.

"Here you go. Take your time to look through it, I'm sure you know by now to carefully read the papers you're given." Gill smiles and Fallon nods her head knowingly.

After analysing the papers thoroughly, she found no loopholes or legal traps that would get her in a tangle later on. So, taking her pen she sighed her name.