The Descent

a/n: posting this a bit early because of my exams tomorrow and friday :)

"SO EVERYTHING LOOKS AMAZING, THE INTERIOR IS COMING ALONG REALLY WELL." The contractor, Mark, explained to Fallon when she came to check up on the progress of her office.

"It looks beautiful so far." She smiles to Mark.

"Thanks." He nods. "However, there are some filing cabinets in the basement that weren't harmed by the fire that look pretty important." He informs and Fallon frowns.

"Really?" Fallon asks. She assumed everything had been destroyed but apparently not.

"Yeah. We weren't going to touch the basement anyways, because, well, it's a basement." He says and Fallon chuckles.

"Thanks for letting me know." She says and he nods before going over to his team.

Fallon then made her way downstairs to the basement where she kicked a few charred pieces of wood out of the way.

She could almost imagine where the Mayor was when he died. She shuddered at the thought before continuing forward.

Noticing that she didn't have a flashlight, she created a ball of magic and made it float in front of her as she walked.

She reached the side room and found the filing cabinets that Mark was talking about. She tried to open it but the drawer wouldn't budge. Yanking a few times, she realised that it was locked.

Twiddling her fingers, she let a small burst of magic hit the door and it flew open. Smirking in success, she started rifling through his old papers.

It was mainly just a bunch of stuff about old patients and some research he did back in the day.

She then stumbled upon a document that had her name on it. She picked it up and looked closely to see that it was her adoption certificate.

Smiling fondly, Fallon traced her fingers over her name and decided that she would be taking this home.

Once Fallon arrived home, she headed for the kitchen where Jenna was making a cup of coffee.

"Hey there." Jenna smiles at her and Fallon greets her with a hug.

"Guess what I found when I went to Dad's office today?" Fallon asked Jenna.

"What did you find?" Jenna asks her.

"Well I went there to check on how the renovations were going and the contractor said to me that there were some old filing cabinets in the basement." Fallon started explaining, accepting the mug Jenna was handing her as they made their way to the sofa.

"And then I found my adoption certificate." Fallon smiles and Jenna's face lights up.

"Oh really? I thought they lost that. Can I see?" She asks and Fallon hands her the sheet of paper.