The Dinner Party

THERE ARE THINGS PEOPLE DO IN LIFE, THAT THEY THEN REGRET LATER ON

THERE ARE THINGS PEOPLE DO IN LIFE, THAT THEY THEN REGRET LATER ON. From embarrassing moments, to drunken stupidity and even the things people do as children they later on regret. It was how life worked, wasn't it? Make a mistake, wallow in it for some time, then get over it and learn to never do it again.

However, in Fallon's case, it was slightly different. She relished in the moments where she was embarrassing, or dangerous, or reckless. She thought that those were the fun parts of life and whenever they happened she just took them as they were and continued on living. After all, you only have one life so why waste it being embarrassed for such futile things?

Ever since she was younger, Fallon loved to dance. It was one of the things she was thankful to her parents for - signing her up for dance lessons. Growing up, she'd make a bunch of videos by herself, showcasing the new choreography she'd made up to her number one song at the time. Sometimes she'd even rope Elena into doing it.

Her parents, without fail every year on her birthday, would show said videos to everyone when they came over, even when she was in high school. Fallon had people ask her things like 'How are you taking this so well?' and other people would ask her 'How could you not be embarrassed?'

And her answer was always the same. 'I live life with no regrets. That's what makes it more fun.'

But when Fallon woke up this morning, that changed. She looked to the right to see that the bed next to her was empty, and any trace of someone being there had disappeared. She sat up and held her sheets close to her naked chest and looked around her bedroom.

Elijah's clothes were gone, and so was he.

Fallon groaned and put her head in her hands. She could not believe how stupid she was. She slept with the enemy. Even worse than Mason, she slept with an Original vampire.

But, the sex was good. She felt like he was holding back a little, but, all in all it wasn't too bad. It was what she needed after months and months of going dry of sex. Not that she was a sex addict in any shape or form, but she was getting... frustrated, and it was making her tense.

When Fallon lifted her head from her hands again and picked up her silk robe from the night before, she stood up out of her bed and noticed a little note on the bedside table. Frowning, she picked it up and unfolded it.

Please forgive me for leaving before you have awoken. I have some business I need to attend to.

Yours,

Elijah

Fallon scoffed at his note. Why did he have to be such a gentleman?

In a way, Fallon was glad that he had left before she'd woken up. It would've been so awkward to wake up with him beside her, and for her to passively suggest for him to leave because it was a one night stand, and she wasn't looking for anything because she has feelings for someone else.