5

I turned around, only to look at my younger sister, Jiyeon. "It's really you," she exclaimed. "You know, Mum was search-ohhhh" her gaze fell onto Minho. Then her eyes continued to wander onto the umbrella, he was holding over me. "Omg! Do you have a secret boyfriend?"

"What?"

"I think I should go now" Minho whispered into my ear, obviously feeling quite uncomfortable in this situation. His slightly pink-coloured cheeks revealed that he was a little bit flustered though. I watched as he left. My sister and I also went inside, since her clothes were already soaked. Mum was home as well so the two of us quickly tiptoed into my room.

"He is not my boyfriend!" I whisper yelled at her. Jiyeon scoffed.

"Hmpf, sure. Oh god, imagine what Mum and Dad would say if they find out about this!" Panic started to come up in me. My parents made a rule for us to not have a relationship before we graduated from school. Even talking to a boy was already bending the rule quite a bit from my mother's perspective.

"Oh, you wouldn't dare to say a word to them." A mischievous grin formed on my sister's lips.

"What do I get in return when I don't tell Mum?" This girl is driving me insane.

"I don't know anything you want but please don't tell anyone." I didn't really feel the desire to get yelled at by my parents.

"Fine then do my homework for me for a month"

"For two weeks" Jiyeon narrowed her eyes on me.

"For three weeks and I don't tell Mum and Dad, deal?" I sighed in defeat.

"Deal." My sister hugged me.

"Thank you! You are the best" I want new siblings.

The next few hours went by calmly. I sat down at my desk and started doing some of the assignments our teacher gave us. There was also a test announced for Monday, so I already mentally prepared myself to study until late at night. But my plans got crushed when my mother entered my room. Her gaze went through my room before landing on me.

"I made dinner" was everything she said before leaving again. I'm pretty sure that she wants me to follow her into the dining room. My siblings were already sitting at the table, impatiently waiting to get permission to eat. It looked like my mother made Kimchi. I loved it. She was a really good chef, no matter how she acted as a mother sometimes, cooking was definitely something she could do perfectly.

"Minseo, we need your help at the restaurant tomorrow, when you are back from work." My mother said while bringing the last two bowls to the table. Oh great.

>time skip<
"So are you really gonna meet with him?" Ha-Eun stood next to me while we changed into our uniforms for work. I had already told her everything that had happened with Minho yesterday.

"Yes, but not today. I have to work at the restaurant later." I sighed. I was surprised, I actually enjoyed spending time with Minho and was kinda sad that I had to cancel our plans for today.

"Oh okay and did you already tell him?" I shook my head. I knew there was something I had forgotten about. My phone lay inside my locker. I took it and saw that I had already received a message from him.

"Ahh, I completely forgot. Thanks for reminding me. I don't know what I would do without you." I gave her a wide smile as I read Minho's message.

Minho
Do you think we can already meet at 1 pm?

Me
Sorry I have to cancel for today
Me
I need to help my parents at the restaurant

I texted him a quick reply before my shift began. I was looking at my phone over and over again, waiting for an answer from him the entire time. My boss started to get a little bit annoyed that I wasn't fully concentrating on work. So I eventually locked my phone back into my locker. But all the waiting was for nothing. Minho didn't send a message, even though the message was marked as seen.

There was still nothing when I went back home almost six hours later. However, I had no time to think about that now. I hurried into our apartment to bring all my things into my room, before going back downstairs to the restaurant. My parents ordered me to help out as a waitress today. Since one of their waiters was sick and couldn't go to work. I have never done that before but it can't be that hard, right?

It was. It was really hard. I'm not sure how many times I almost tripped over my own feet or lost balance while carrying a cray on my hand. I sighed as new customers entered. Almost all the tables were filled by now.

"Table 5 wants to order. Could you maybe do that for me, my break starts now." One of the other waitresses asked me and without even waiting for an answer from me she disappeared. I took a quick look around to see where table 5 was. I sighed in relief when I saw that only one person was sitting there. Hopefully, they wouldn't order too much.

"Hello. Have you already decided what you would like to eat?" I put on a professional smile.

"No, I couldn't decide. Is there anything you would recommend to me?" My eyes widened. This can't be true. He didn't really come here, did he? The customer raised his head to look at me. Just now I was able to move again.

"Minho?" Was the first thing that left my mouth. "What are you doing here?"

He blinked a few times. "I was hungry so I thought that I could come here and eat something," Minho said with a satisfied smile on his face. "So, anything you can recommend?" Right, he was a customer so I should treat him like one.

After recommending something to him I went back into the kitchen giving the order to the chef. "Minseo!" My mother appeared behind me, scaring me a little bit. "You can go home now. We are gonna do the rest."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll only finish this order beforehand." I wouldn't miss a chance to get to see Minho one last time before going home.