8

This weird feeling in my stomach appeared every time I talked to Minho, for the next month. And we talked a lot. Somehow he only went to the café when I was working there. He ordered something but then wouldn't leave until my shift was over and insisted on bringing me home most of the time.

We also agreed to study together three times a week. So far it had always gone pretty well. I actually really enjoyed studying together with Minho and was even able to concentrate more than when I was alone.

My phone started vibrating somewhere on my desk. I looked at the mess in front of me. Paper was scattered on the entire surface and my phone lay somewhere in between. It took me a second to find it but I frowned when I found it eventually. Minho's name was written on the display. I accepted the call hesitantly. So far we had never called each other on the phone.

"Uhm, hey?" I checked the time quickly. We had decided to meet at 3.30 pm but it was only 2 pm right now, so I still had plenty of time.

"Sorry for bothering you but I needed to ask you something. I figured it would be faster to call you instead of texting." His voice didn't sound as usual. It was more monotone and even a little cold.

"Okay, so what did you want to ask me?"

"Yeah right, is it fine for you, if we meet at your place today?"

"My place?" I thought for a second. So far we always went to Minho's home. There wasn't really a reason for it. But now that I thought about it, I was a bit anxious that my parents would come home when he was here. "Okay, let me just see if anyone is home" I opened the door and left my room. There was no sign of my siblings or my parents.

My mother was very likely working until late at night. I had no idea where my siblings could possibly be. But hopefully, they wouldn't come home soon.

"I checked. Nobody is here, so I think it's okay for you to come."

"Good. Well, see you later" Minho said and ended the call quickly. I seriously couldn't figure him out. He was confusing me a lot sometimes. Also, I wasn't sure what to think about the fact that Minho would be here in less than two hours. Ahh, why was I so nervous?

The doorbell rang at exactly 3.30 pm. I hurried to open the door and watched Minho as he walked up the stairs. There was an uneasy expression on his face. But when our eyes met it quickly changed into a smile.

I opened the door further, so he could enter. Minho's mouth fell open for a second, while he took a look around the apartment. It was strange seeing him standing here where I lived. But a part of me also liked it and could easily get used to it.

My parents earned quite a bit of money through the restaurant. We weren't particularly rich, but we lived a wealthy life indeed.

"I think we should go into the living room." Minho just nodded in response, still looking around. There was a large table in the living room. I usually preferred to study here instead of in my room when I was home alone.

We sat down on two chairs next to each other. Minho took everything he needed out of his bag. I had already gathered all my stuff for school here.

Minho and I managed to study for one and a half hours before his phone started ringing. He stood up from the chair as he accepted the call. I followed him with my eyes as he started pacing around.

"Hello? Yes I can hear yo-." He sighed. The person on the other side interrupted him. They were talking pretty loud and fast. "No no, I can't come today." The other person started talking again and Minho chuckled. "Okay, bye. Yes, see you tomorrow."

"Han, one of my friends," Minho told me and pointed at his phone after he ended the call. I was a bit surprised. So far he never really told me anything about his private life.

"What did he want?" The words left my mouth before I could even think. Minhos gaze felt like he was staring into my soul. I was almost certain that he wouldn't answer me.

"We're in a band together with a few of our other friends and Han asked me if we can meet today." A bunch of new questions formed in my head.

"Oh, I didn't know. That sounds so cool!" Now that he said it, I could actually imagine him as a singer. Minho touched his neck with his hand and blushed slightly.

"Yeah, I think it is." He sat down beside me again.

"I have another question." There was something else I wanted to know. "Is there any special reason why we had to meet here today and not at your place?" Minhos body tensed and he clenched his jaw.

"Hmm well, it's just-" The opening front door interrupted him. My father entered the apartment. Oh no, please let this be a joke.

At first, he didn't even perceive us. But as soon as he noticed me his eyebrows narrowed. He looked back and forth between me and Minho.

"Minseo, do you mind explaining what is going on here?" He raised his voice.

"We are just studying together. She explains some stuff to me." Minho answered before I could even open my mouth. Sadly this only annoyed my Dad more.

"And who are you? Did I ask you to speak?" My father went back to the door and opened it. "Leave! I want to talk alone with my daughter" Minho hurried to pack all his things together into his bag. Before he left he looked at me one last time. There was a sorry look on his face as he closed the door.