13

The other side of the bed was empty when I woke up the next morning. Minho wasn't laying next to me anymore. I bent over to reach the nightstand where I had placed my phone the night before. It was already 9 am and...my eyes widened in shock. It was Monday. I should have been at school an hour ago. Before I could panic any further, two messages from Minho caught my attention.

Minho
Take a day off of school and rest
Minho
I will write down everything the teacher says so don't worry about that

I looked at the messages sceptically. So far I had never skipped a day of school. But being absent from school for a day couldn't be that bad, right? I sent Minho a quick answer. As I put my phone back on the nightstand, I realised the smile which was placed on my lips every time I was either talking to Minho or seeing him.

A movement on the blanket caught my eye. Dori had jumped on the bed. The small cat was now slowly walking towards me. She was meowing as she tried to get my attention. I chuckled and took her onto my lap. We continued to cuddle for at least twenty minutes.

It was a weird feeling to be in Minho's home when he wasn't there. Actually, there weren't many things I could do. In the end, I decided to turn on the TV, hoping there was something interesting I could watch. To my surprise, I did indeed find a series that wasn't too bad. Together with Dori I went to the couch and sat down. I followed Minho's advice to rest for the next three hours.

>time skip<
I was still sitting on the couch when the door opened. Instead of Minho, an older-looking woman entered through the front door. She had black hair which reached to her chin. She must be about twenty years older than my mother, maybe in her late 60s or early 70s. There were small wrinkles around her eyes, implicating that she was smiling a lot. But there was no smile on her face when our eyes met. We looked at each other in shock for at least two minutes.

"Excuse me, who are you?" The woman didn't raise her voice. She just gave me a questioning look. I quickly straightened my posture.

"I am Minseo," My voice was shaking a little bit, "Choi Minseo. Uhm I'm a friend of Minho" I quickly added, even though it felt wrong to say Minho's name and 'friend' in one sentence. And with that, a smile crept onto the woman's face.

"Oh, really? It's a pleasure to meet you, Minseo." She came a few steps in my direction. "I am Lee Sunyoung, Minho's grandmother." Oh, I didn't really expect that. But now that she mentioned it, I could clearly see that some of their facial features were quite similar. I quickly went over to her, to greet her properly.

"Are you hungry, my dear?" The elderly woman started to walk towards the kitchen, not even waiting for my answer. "I brought a few ingredients with me. I can make us a delicious meal." Just now I became aware of the bag in her hand. It was completely filled, from what I could see. "You can take a seat at the kitchen table. You know an old woman like me doesn't have company often." She chuckled. 

I followed her, even though I was a little bit overwhelmed by her kindness. Sunyoung talked to me as if I was her own granddaughter, not even questioning me, why I was here alone.

I tried to convince her to let me help but it turned out that she was very stubborn. Sunyoung insisted on making the meal on her own. Eventually, I gave up and sat down at the table.

My stomach started growling as soon as Minho's grandma served the food on the table. I hadn't eaten anything the entire day, since I wasn't sure if it would be okay for Minho if I just took something from his fridge.

We ate together in silence until Sunyoung was finished. "So tell me, why did you sleep here? Are you and my grandson in a relationship?" Huh, I looked up from my plate, confused. How did she know that I slept here? Her gaze on the other hand was on the clothes I was wearing. Oh, right. I was still wearing Minho's shirt and pants. I blushed slightly.

"No, we are...something like friends. But my parents and I currently have a few problems with each other. We are always fighting these days. They think they can decide my whole life. Minho just offered me to sleep here." I didn't know why I was even telling her all this.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that. No matter what your parents say, remember this is your life. You are still young and can do whatever you want." She paused for a second. "But you should tell them how you feel about all this. Parents are also just humans and sometimes they make mistakes."

Sunyoung was right. I had to talk with my parents about everything at one point. If it would be up to me I would definitely try to avoid this conversation as long as possible though. I sighed.

"I think I should get ready then" I was pretty sure, I had to look like a mess. A glance into the bathroom mirror confirmed what I had already expected. I hurried and tried to get ready as quickly as possible.

The front door opened at the exact moment I opened the door to the bathroom. Minho's and my eyes met instantly. A smile appeared on his face before he took his shoes off.

"Hey." I smiled back at him. A few minutes ago I had taken off the rest of the makeup which I had been wearing since yesterday. Right now was the second time, Minho saw me without it. I waited for the usual feeling of discomfort to appear, which I normally felt when someone saw me without my makeup. But instead, I felt comfort, especially after Minho wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey. You look beautiful"