3. House Of Cards

Just when he thought he was dipped in sweet lulling sleep, the unbearable snoozing of his phone made him curse and twist and turn on his bed. No matter how he tried to reach out to it, he couldn't get a hold of the device neither could stop the buzzing sound. Cursing under his breath, he opened his eyes, vision heavy and blurry as he looked at the screen, wincing at the brightness. 

His room is not that extravagant. Just an ordinary room in an ordinary penthouse. A little cozy, a little bit elegant with the imported furnishings, with chandeliers and mood lighting fixed on the ceiling, aroma candles on the sleek bedside tables, an exclusive Italian finished walk-in wardrobe section on the side of his bed, a dressing area with a full-body mirror, and a cosmetics range that would cost a fortune. There were two doors, one on the side which led to the bathroom and the other near the smooth beige linen curtains that open to the balcony. 

The bed in the center was cold as he squirmed, not caring how the sheets were getting dragged with him. He groaned when the phone buzzed again, this time deciding to pick it up with a curse. Squinting at the screen, he breathed out a sleepy hello but before that, the voice from the other side busted in his ears. 

Oh, shoot.  He forgot.  

The yelling of Jimin could be heard even without switching on the speaker. He was supposed to join his friends for the party but he slept in, and it was really not going to be a good thing. Jungkook opened his eyes wholly when Jimin's words stuck in his head. 

"Don't you dare tell me you're on the bed and sleeping. I swear to God, I'll fly to your room in a minute to smash your coconut head."

Jungkook groaned at the words, now sitting on the bed, and flattened the ruined bedsheet. He ruffled his hair lazily and checked the bedside clock. 

It was 07:10 pm already and he stood up, fetching words to convince a very fuming Jimin. 

"I was exhausted, okay? But, yeah. I'm already up and will be there in 10 minutes. And stop eating my head" 

He mumbled with distaste in his tone, not even trying to hide it. He could hear a scoff from Jimin and the background music that now invaded his senses. Jimin might have gone out to talk to him and now that he was back in Lux, Jungkook heard Hoseok calling his name, guessing his hyung is already tipsy before they even got in there. 

He didn't even want to think about what Yoongi might be doing since he already knew the elder would be neck-deep in his expensive tequila. With one hand, he started to unbutton the shirt, taking a towel from the wardrobe as he hung the phone, not replying to Jimin's threats of being late. What's the big deal?

They were going to get wasted anyway. It's just a night full of drinks and dance while being tipsy with his friends. Maybe, if they get sober at any time, they would go for a long drive to the outskirts, away from the posh air of Gangnam. 

The weekend is going to be the same as always, and the thought had Jungkook wince at it because a part of him wanted to do something else, something productive than getting drunk and doing stupid sh!ts, though he doesn't complain after filling his throat with the expensive liquid.

Yes, a cold shower can make him better most of the time. So, he walked inside the bathroom with heavy legs, washed his face first, rubbed his eyes, and soothed his frowning forehead. As he stood under the cold water, Jungkook let his mind pause for a moment. He is not a troubled person. Jeon Jungkook is simple, minimalist, cool, and talented. 

The thing is, like all the adulterers out there, he too feels an incredible urge of running away to somewhere, he too feels the inexplicable burnout. He doesn't know if it's only him or if people of his age can relate to it.