5. Pied Piper

The sun was too hot above, and there was no hint of the chilly breeze passing around the corridor, keeping them at the bay from burning. The classes were ongoing, faint sounds of lectures filling the air and that's it. The start of the morning didn't look that easy for their happiness and look what they both got each other into.

Glaring at each other as the seconds passed by, they walked through the empty veranda, keeping a Kilometer distance between them, making it obvious to the students sneaking glances through their boring ongoing lectures that they were enemies and definitely punished together by their professor.

The only shameful thing was they were in the Uni instead of high school where these punishments were nothing to be embarrassed of, but here, things are a bit different, especially between two grownups who are past the age of being punished by others rather than punishing one another-- Oops.

"Why the hell are you following me, dipsh!t?"

Taehyung snapped at the man, turning to face him once they reached the end of the hallway. He looked around, scanning to find any professors or students there, but for his luck, he couldn't find any.

But then his gaze landed on the cocky man in front of him, eyebrow raised and a stupid smirk playing on his lips. This is not good. Taehyung took a mind note right at that moment.

"What, now the way to the library is your father's, Precious?"

"YAH!"

Taehyung doesn't remember when was the last time he was this angry but that doesn't matter now, especially now his finger is pointed at Jungkook, face red from anger and freaking burning from the thirst of splitting the man in front of him and drinking his blood.

No, Taehyung. No violence. Remember, you're too pure for this world.

In fact, that's the only thing that makes him stop that moment from doing anything at all- his hyung's words. But he can't let this slide that easily. He can't let Jungkook go off that easily.

"Mind your words, Jeon. Don't--"

He stepped forward, finger still pointed at the man but Jungkook didn't budge, even his expression didn't waver. He hates how the muscle man stood in front of him as if he already knew that he won the argument, in fact, every argument with him. But Taehyung doesn't think so.

"Oh, Kim. You sound so feisty. Tell me what if I don't mind my words and doings? What are you going to do?"

Remember, if you want to be the villain of every story, you should know how to win your own story. It's you against you.

That's what Taehyung learned, actually, self-learned. He always fantasized about the victories of the villains who don't have any regrets rather than the hero who lost everything to become... well, a hero.

So, Taehyung took a deep breath, reminding himself of his motto. This is me against me. And he pushed the man with the force gathered, not kind of thinking if the other was stronger and buffer than him.

First, Jungkook let out a humorless chuckle, because of course, Taehyung couldn't even move his one muscle, so, he decided to go with verbal abuse, only if Jungkook didn't beat him to it.

"Really? You really think you can take me, Kim?"

Okay, maybe that was not Taehyung's actual plan. But he can't let this go. It would mean he is weak in front of Jungkook and his ego. He scoffed at the other, clearly letting the man know that he didn't care about anything Jungkook said or threatened to do.

It may be Taehyung's first time trying to confront a fight instead of avoiding it, but sure it made his adrenaline rush through his veins.

"I'm not scared of you, Jeon"