Heartbeat

Some short fluff for an anon on tumblr who asked for cuddles/listening to s/o's heartbeat

You were laying on the bed, when Tomura marched into the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

"What's going on?" you inquired as he stomped towards you.

You didn't get an answer, he just huffed and basically threw himself on the bed. You put your phone down and wrapped your arms around him as he basically laid half on top of you. He was like a super weighted blanket, a very weirdly shaped, unevenly weighted blanket.

Tomura wasn't really feeling like giving you an answer. He just laid on you with his ear pressed on your chest, listening to your heartbeat. It was steady, rhythmic and strong, and just what he needed to calm himself. He just laid there, listening to your heartbeat with his eyes closed. It was such a pleasant sound, he never thought such a simple sound could bring him such tranquility.

"Why are you sulking this time?" you asked as you twirled his hair around your finger.

"I'm not" he grumbled.

"Mmmhmm" you muttered.

You just laid there with him on top of you, playing with his hair. It had changed color during his fight with Re-Destro, after Tomura remembered his past. He was still hurt after that fight and was covered in bandages.

You had been a bit hesitant about staying at the mountain villa, but it seemed to be okay with all the other League members so you didn't argue about it. The next day, Tomura was to depart for the hospital in Jaku, so this would be your last night together for at least the next four months.

"I'll miss you" you said and kissed the top of his head.

Tomura didn't answer, but you could feel his body tense up a little. He still wasn't used to the affection you showed him, even though he often sought it out. He never really asked for it, he just mostly positioned himself next to or in this case, on top of you, and stayed there until you gave him what you wanted. It was usually comfort of some sort, or cuddles or both.

"I'll be back soon" Tomura assured.

"I know, but I'll still miss you" you sighed.

"You'll be fine" he said.

"You'll come back to me, right?" you asked and petted his hair as you stared at the ceiling.

"Always" he said.

Tomura could hear your heartbeat getting faster just for a moment as he promised to come back to you. He'd always come back to you, even if there was nothing else to come back to, you would be there.

You hugged him closer. You trusted he'd come back to you.