In the way

A/N: The request for this one was basically Re-Destro thinking the s/o is getting in Shiggy's way and wanting to get rid of them so he can achieve greatness or something

It's not like he was the most attentive or observant guy around, but he wasn't an idiot. He could feel you'd been getting more and more distant lately. He felt like he hadn't seen you in days before you finally showed up at the hospital, about a day before he was supposed to start undergoing the experiments the doctor had planned for him.

"Haven't seen you in a while" he said, staring out the window, not turning to look at you.

"How'd you know it was me?" you asked from the doorway

Shigaraki motioned towards your reflection in the window, still not looking at you.

"I've gotta come clean about something" you said as you walked up to him and placed your hand on his shoulder.

Shigaraki finally turned to look at you and he was surprised by what he saw. You were teary eyed and looked very upset.

"What is it? Who do I need to hurt?" he asked, with that familiarly malicious glint in his eyes.

You knew his malice wasn't directed at you, but it still made you a bit nervous because you knew what usually followed. Someone was about to get hurt, badly.

"No, it's not like that... Well maybe it is partly, but that's not what I want to talk about" you sniffled, wiping your eyes with your sleeve. "I thought I could deal with this by myself, just do what he demanded and not cause you any trouble, but..."

"Who demanded?" Shigaraki had a feeling he already knew who you were referring to.

"Re-Destro" you muttered.

"That old man really doesn't know how to keep his nose out of other people's business" Shigaraki groaned. "What did he say to you?"

"He doesn't want me to be with you, apparently I'm getting in the way of your greatness and potential and I have an unwanted influence on you. I don't want to get in your way so I just kind of tried to stay away from you, the threats of violence added weight to his warning too" you explained reluctantly.

"Did he hurt you?" Shigaraki asked, sounding like he had to force the words from between his teeth.

"No" you lied, really hoping you wouldn't make the situation any worse. "I just felt like I needed to tell you before whatever the doctor has planned for you, in case something happens..."

You already regretted telling him, because you knew he would gladly retaliate on your behalf even if you told him not to. You should have just kept your mouth shut, but there was no taking it back now.

"Nothing's gonna happen to me, and after it's all done, I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch to make sure he never even looks your way again" Shigaraki assured.

"That might be overkill" you rolled your eyes with a sniffle. "At least let his serve his purpose in the war, he can die after that"

"You're too nice to someone who threatened you, he doesn't deserve it" Shigaraki sighed with an annoyed tone and pulled you into a hug, resting his chin on your shoulder. "I'll make sure he knows not to come anywhere near you before I'm back"

"Thank you Tomura" you smiled. "Also, I'm not being nice, I'm being practical"

"Whatever you say" he rolled his eyes.