Chapter 4 : The True Dragon and The Shadow

Arc City... Where the secret society of the Snek lies.

Honkai beasts had infiltrated into a sector of this city, now the city's defensive forces are trying to fight them off.

The World Serpent would never dip their hands into these matters, but nowadays, they often send a lone boy as backup...

It is raining hard, and a figure, covering himself in a long, black leather jacket could be seen parkouring on the rooftops, making his way to where the battle is going on. Arc City's defensive forces consist of cyborgs, bought from World Serpent, and mechs provided by Schicksal. They could fight against Honkai, but not against an organized pack, such as the one attacking them right now.

"3 winged ones flanking their left." - Jackal talked to the boy who is making his way there. "Take them down."

"I saw them."

He draws his sword out, it's a straight sword, and launches himself down to the Archangels (the name of these flying fuks). He swiftly cut these creatures in half, killing each at one strike. Then quickly moved on.

"No more flankers."

"Roger."

Thinking it's clear, he jumped straight into the swarm of Honkai beasts, past the defense line of the Arc City's defensive force, and then he attacks the beasts at all direction, he does it so quick that only the cyborgs could have kept up with his speed, while the beasts still don't have any idea on what's happening, they're already cut to pieces.

He went straight through the swarm as a tornado, leaving chunks of flesh behind. Until he stood in front of the biggest one, thinking it was the leader.

"I don't have time to play around." - He said and did a charge attack, expecting it would be devastating, however, it did not. He stood there like an idiot, with his sword penetrated into the flesh of the beast, and nothing else happened.

"..."

"... You... Very well." - He said as he pulled his sword out and went for a slashing strike instead, this wounded the beast slightly as it managed to block with its left arm.

The beast has a thicker skin layer compared to the others' in the same swarm, making it harder for sword wielders to deal with. However, the boy remains calm and changes his stance. He's about to do another thrust attack, but his sword is glowing this time.

"Lend me your strength... Holy Blade..." - For a second there, before he disappeared from everyone's sight, some cyborgs actually saw his sword increase in size, and radiate pure white light rays.

And yes, he disappeared for a second as stated, then he was seen again, but standing in front of the beast, whose head is gone, with no trace left behind, as if it was fired by a powerful plasma cannon.

With the leader of the pack killed, the remaining beasts screeched in terror, and they retreated to the border of the city.

"Mission complete, Jackal." - The boy put the sword away on his back.

"Good work, as expected from you... Shadow."

"That's all, right? I don't want to waste more time hanging around these half human half machine freaks." - The boy said as he walked towards the cyborgs.

"Yes." - Jackal said before cutting off.

"... Clean the mess up" - The boy walked past the cyborgs after patting their shoulders.

Suddenly, Jackal contacted him again.

"Ah, what is it?"- The boy asked.

"No idiot, there's a bigger pack approaching your current location."