Chapter 5: Blood

I had a simple plan.

Get to Recovery Girls office.

I would have gone to find Shinso, but he was in class which meant I would need to go to a room filled with at least 20 other people just to get him to help me. And in my current state I wasn't sure what I would do if I saw another person. Plus I didn't need any of the teachers thinking I was unstable.

Well, not that I wasn't unstable at the moment.

But this was only a temporary issue and something I had completely under control. At least that's what I kept telling myself as I tried to walk down the hallway toward the stairwell. Which was getting increasingly more difficult with every step I took.

Sure I had managed to get myself out of the bathroom pretty easily, but that room had handicap railings along the walls and a door that I only had to lean on to open.

Walking down a giant hallway with no handrails was a very different experience. I had to press half my body to the glass windows that lined the hall just to stay up straight. But since I was leaning into the glass I was walking on an angle which only made the dizziness get worse.

I was pretty sure I was on the 3rd floor, so all I had to do was go up one floor in order to find Recovery Girl. But what would typically be a 3 minute walk was taking me 10 times longer than normal.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I groaned for the 8th time since I started my journey to find Recovery Girl, my hand clutching the stair railing tightly as I continued up to the wide steps.

For some background, I didn't get sick.

Like Ever.

I never had, not even when I was little. So the vomiting the other day, the nashua now, and the pain in my head were all very foreign feelings.

"give in Saori."

"Fuck that." I spat, ignoring the pain pulsing from my mind down to my clenched jaw as his words invaded my mind. But I didn't stop walking.

The voices on the other hand, had been a common trend ever since I left Cross Academy. I knew they weren't real. They were just memories, really really really bad memories. That liked to pop into my head whenever I was feeling hungry, or angry, or sad, or any negative emotion really.

If only I hadn't licked the blood on Kirishima's chest. Then I would have probably been fine for the rest of the school year. But noooooo, he had to go and shove his hard chest in my face.

Okay maybe it was a little bit my fault to...

But either way, I had to go and give myself a taste of the good stuff. And now my body was turning against me. Craving more and more of the blood pumping through at least 90% of the student body here.

"Bastard thinks he can get to me." I grumbled, glaring at the top of the stairwell, but the anger I was feeling wasn't helping my current condition. "Well He Can't!" If anything it only made me hungrier.

"I don't like it when you're angry with me."

The words fell dead in my throat as I spun around. Almost slipping down the stairs in the process. Eyes wide as I searched for him. All around the stairwell.

That time his voice wasn't in my head...

But he couldn't be here. He didn't know where I was; none of them did.

But I had heard him. His voice was so clear that time, not an echo in my head, not a memory, or someone who sounded like him.

I heard him. I was sure.