Chapter 6: Them

I didn't open my eyes right away. I just wanted to melt deeper into the fluffy surface beneath me.

Warm.

That's how I felt as my eyes fluttered into consciousness. It wasn't a bad kind of warm either. It was cozy, filling me up, it made me feel safe. It was similar to how you feel after having some hot tea on a cold day.

"Oh hi dearie, glad to see you're finally coming too. How are you feeling?"

The smell of disinfectant and hard candy flooded my scene as the old woman called out to me. The whole Infirmary carried the smell, but I suppose that made sense. Seeing as the smell was coming from Recovery Girl herself.

"I feel fine... Actually better than fine."

I didn't really notice it until she asked me. But my body was utterly and completely relaxed. Not a muscle in my body hurt, no head pain or nausea. I didn't even feel tired despite having just woken up.

Recovery Girls quirk really was amazing.

"Well that's good to hear, you had us all worried."

"About what?"

I couldn't help but smile as I felt up and around my jaw. It wasn't sore anymore, hell even the sunlight blazing in through the windows barely stung my eyes.

Recovery girl tilted her head at my words. As if I had said something odd, before making her way over to me.

"Aizawa found you unconscious in the teachers lounge on the 5th floor." The old woman explained. "After the alarm started going off we feared it might have been a villain attack, but it turns out you somehow managed to break through the security doors."

"I didn't go through the security doors."

The 5th floor of UA was off limits to students. Its traditional use is to store private information about the students and faculty. Like their home addresses, family information, and personal history. Seeing as UA was training future heroes it made sense that they would want to help control how much personal information got released as possible.

Plus when you have a school full of superpowered kids, it's nice to have an area where you can print out test questions without fear of a student using their quirk to try and cheat. Or as Aizawa probably used it; to just avoid other people on his time off.

"Then how did you get to the 5th floor?"

"5th floor? No I wasn't feeling well so I was coming up to see you when-"

"Yuki is going to be so upset when I tell her."

"Oh God...." My whole body trembled as the memory came flooding back. "He- They were, They were here. They were both here at the school."

"Dearie, who are you talking about?" Recovery girl asked, but I wasn't listening.

"They Found Me."

"Sasaki, look at me. Everything's alright." Recovery Girl was on top of me before I had the chance to move the blankets off me. Her voice was just as calm as before, she was even smiling down at me as I continued to try and crawl out of the bed.

But I had to get away.

"N-no you don't understand. They're here! They're going to force me back there! I c-can't go back, I WON'T!"

I didn't even notice the pulse of energy throughout the room as I yelled.

All the glass in the room cracked, and Recovery Girl was shoved backwards, tumbling onto the ground. But all I cared about was moving, escaping, getting away. Whatever word you wanted to use. I needed to be as far away from those Monsters as humanly possible.