Chapter 7: Replay

Nezu's small furry body popped out from the side of Aizawa's scarf. Giving me a cheerful wave as Aizawa made his way into the room. Followed by Recovery Girl, whose expression seemed to have shifted slightly.

"Oh...um hi." I didn't really know what to say to them. Aizawa was carrying such a seriousness to his presence; more serious than normal at least. But then The Principle seemed fairly cheery as he walked in.

"I'm glad to see that you are un injured." Nezu said, hopping down onto my hospital bed. "Not a scratch or bruise in sight."

"Which raises the question, how did you end up unconscious on the 5th floor?" Aizawa said, cutting off Nezu's positive attitude.

"I-I don't really remember, everything got kinda fuzzy as I ran away." I said honestly. Looking between Aizawa and Nezu.

"Ran away from what?" Aizawa said dryly, leaning against the infirmary wall.

"You know when one has forgotten something It is often best to start at the beginning." Nezu said, sitting down on the edge of my bed. Emulating the look of a child waiting to be told a bedtime story.

"And try not to leave anything out Sasaki." Aizawa added, keeping his eyes trained on me.

"I-I wasn't feeling well..." I said slowly, trying to place the memories from this morning.

"Like a headache? Or were you vomiting? Was it quirk related?" Aizawa asked.

They were fair enough questions, he was a teacher after all. But despite that I didn't want to tell him that my 'quirk' was the culprit. Hell this was a school for superheroes, would they even let me stay if I told them the truth? Should I even stay after what happened?

"Probably a bit of both... My head and throat for the most part. But since my quirk gives me some enhanced hearing, the sound of everyones heart beat was getting a bit much in class. You know with all the whole election thing for Class Rep." I explained, "That's why I went to the bathroom on the 3rd floor. I wanted to find somewhere quiet to just clear my head."

I was expecting them to ask me another question. But instead Aizawa just nodded at me.

"But when I was in the bathroom I started to feel dizzy. Like the room was spinning, and my body started to feel weak. I was going to call someone for help when I realized I could barely stand but-"

"You left your phone and backpack in the classroom." Aizawa finished.

"Right, so I decided to go find Recovery Girl. I knew she was just up a flight of stairs so it seemed like a simple enough plan."

"Why didn't you just knock on one of the other classroom doors if you were feeling that ill?"

Aizawa's mind really was scary sometimes. I had barely been talking for 30 seconds and he was already finding holes in my story.

"I-I." I looked down.

"Well?" Aizawa really wasn't in the mood for my nervousness.

"I didn't want to hurt anyone." My voice was soft, as I peaked up at him. His expression, unchanging.

"What do you mean?" Nezu asked, his sweet voice balancing out Aizawas. It was a very odd version of good cop bad cop. Maybe, good mouse, grumpy hero?

But it was working well enough. I mean lying to them about my cravings wasn't going to help anyone. And if they think i'm too dangerous to have around then it's probably for the best right? I do have monsters chasing me after all.

"I was hungry. And that can sometimes make me lose control."

"You wrote that on your application, and I believe the school supplies you with animal blood at your request. Does it not?" Aizawa asked, blandly.