Making Promises

Hey, here's chapter 4 and longer, like I said it would be. :] Enjoy!

Before anyone could stop me, I ran out of the room and up the stairs into my room. Slamming the door, I threw myself onto my comforting bed. I buried my face in the pillows and started bawling. I hadn't cried like this in years, but I couldn't keep it in anymore. The tears kept coming, so I kept crying.

I couldn't believe that Storm or Darry or Dallas didn't stick up for me. Especially Storm, I mean, he's the one who helped get me in this damn mess. My brothers should have stuck up for me. I guessed I wasn't getting any true support from anyone. I was alone and had to deal with it all by myself.

You're being very irrational, Gabry. You know that they love you. All three of them are probably standing up for you right now. Especially Storm. I suppose my conscience was right, but I continued to cry. I was going to wallow in self-pity for a while before I came back to the real world.

My parents seemed pretty mad at me. They never yell that much, so it was definitely a shocker for me. I mean, yeah there's the occasional screaming match between my mom and I, and my dad for that matter, but they have never yelled at me and told me that I am on my own. They were pretty much saying that I had better get an abortion or my life will be ruined. There was no reassurance that I was going to be okay. No telling me that they still loved me or that they would be there for me through the whole thing like Storm did.

Guess I did have to act like an adult and make adult decisions then. Maybe I should get emancipated. I thought.

Don't be stupid, Gabry. You would have to pay taxes a year early. And find a job. And support yourself plus a baby.

Ah, who was I kidding. I would just stay there on my bed and cry. There was nothing else better to do. Little did I know of the heated discussion going on downstairs...

~Storms's POV~

After Gabry ran up the stairs I looked back at her parents. They gave me a look like, 'just because she ran out of the room doesn't mean that you can go save her yet. You are like a son to us and we can ground you too'. So I stayed downstairs to talk with her family. I could sense that I was going to witness some very angry parents. The air was tense with icy silence. Dallas was the one to speak first.

"Mom, you shouldn't have yelled at her like that." He spoke with caution filled in his voice.

"And what makes you think you know more about parenting than I would? You have no room to talk." She said back with the same icy tone that filled the air.

Her dad spoke next. "Son, we are the parents, not you. We decide what's right and wrong. Her actions are unacceptable." His last sentence was directed towards me. I stayed silent.

"But you both know that she is scared about this. She needs you two most to support her through this." Darry scorned. "And you should know better than anyone what it's like to be pregnant at a young age, Mom. You had me when you were eighteen."

"Excuse me?" Her mom looked offended when she heard Darry's comment. "I was already married to your father."

"But you weren't married when you first found out. You told me before."

"I don't know who you think you are to be talking to your mother like that, but you had better stop. We only want what is best for our children. You have no idea what it's like to be a parent, either of you! So stop defending her! She and Jason got into this mess, and now they are going to have to figure out what to do. Your mom and I can't sacrifice everything we worked for because of our daughter being stupid. It's not going to happen."