Planning Ahead

I spent all Saturday looking for a place to live. I didn't want to ask Kit and burden her, but it was looking like she was my only hope now. My grandparents lived far away and my aunts would think it would be scandalous to shelter a pregnant teenager. I hadn't asked Jason yet either. He had too much to worry about right now, even though his parents said they would be happy to help with anything, I thought it would be too much to ask. So I didn't say anything to Jason.

I could have lived with Darry until he deployed, but I didn't want to bring him into this with my parents. They had nothing against Darry and I didn't want to change that. I layed on my bed, thinking of where I could be living by the end of the summer.

I hated my life. I was supposed to be in this happy family that would never seperate, but now, all because of me, suddenly my parents wanted nothing to do with me. I'm pretty sure they saw me as this horrible person who just wanted to ruin them. I could day I didn't care about them all I wanted, but at the end of the day, I really did care about them and I wanted to be a family again. I doubted that would ever happen again. I'm not sure that they would be worthy of my forgiveness now.

I was just about to call Kit when Darry and Dallas walked in.

"You do realize, that I could have been changing or something, right?" I scolded them, standing up.

They just rolled their eyes. Dallas shook his head. "You and I both know that you would not be one to change your clothes in the middle of the day."

"I guess you're right." I sighed. "What do you need?" I sat back down on my bed.

"You're coming to live with me." Darry said.

"What??" I asked, shocked. "You're going to be deploying in a few months! I can't do that!"

"Yes, you can and I'm making you. I won't be there for about a year, but my fiance will be."

"Maraya? Darry, it's not legal unless I am related to whomever I am staying with."

"How old are you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Seventeen," I said, he should know that.

"Right, and when's your birthday?" He asked.

"June 7, but what does that- oh. I see now. Once I turn eighteen... Yeah okay..." I felt kind of stupid there, but if Darry was offering me to stay with him until I could get back onto my own feet, I was okay with it. I mean, yeah it would be weird when I was living with just Maraya, but whatever.

"And in anyway, I'll still be here when you turn eighteen. I'm deploying in September, and it won't matter because by then you'll be eighteen. Then you can be with Jason and make sure he's apart of your family."

"Yeah, alright. when am I supposed to move in with you?" I asked.

"As soon as possible. I would start packing now." He said, solemnly. "I don't want to wait and have mom and dad change their mind and not let you move out."

I nodded. "Can I talk to Jason first?" I asked.

"Of course. If you need us, we'll be here."

"Thanks." I sighed, then went outside barefoot to the cellar on the side of Jason's house. I went inside and turned on the light. I knocked our secret pattern on the side of the cellar wall, it was right next to Jason's room. I sat down in a chair across from the mini couch. For a cellar it was really big.

I could hear faint music in his room, so maybe he didn't hear me the first time. I knocked again just to be safe. I wanted to make sure it was okay with him before I moved in with my brother. Why? I don't know. I guess that I wanted to make sure that he was alright with me moving in with Darry instead of Jason, because if he wants to mw to live with him...I don't know. I guess I am just overreacting...