Graduation

"Jason, come on! You're going to be late!" I walked in through the cellar.

"Alright! I'm almost ready!" He was still in his room.

I waited a few more minutes before calling out again. "Stop primping and get your crippled butt down here!"

"Okay, okay! I'm walking down the stairs now- aghh!" There was a clatter and it sounded like someone was stumbling.

"JASON!!!" I busted the doors open to find him laying on the floor laughing. "Are you alright? Why are you laughing?? That wasn't funny, you dummy!"

"Oh that was so funny." He tried sitting up,"I need help up. I just tripped on a shirt." I looked around his room.

There was laundry all over the place. His bed wasn't made and the blankets were twisted up in knots in the middle of his bed. His desk was completely covered in papers, and some had even slipped onto the floor. And my boyfriend still laying on the floor was looking handsome as ever in his graduation robes, but I didn't tell him that because he scared me.

"Good grief, Storm. Do you ever clean your room?"

"Uh, yeah. Can't you tell?" He looked around the room. "This is the cleanest it's been in a long time."

"I don't remember it being this bad last time I was here." I helped him stand up, gently taking hold of his hand. I handed him his crutches once he was standing. He was wearing his black graduation gown, his cap was on his bed.

"Gabe, when was the last time you were in here?" He shook his head.

"Like three months ago. When you started dating Paige because she is a maniac." I stared at the mess in his room. "Rooms can't get this bad in that short of time."

"Have you met my family? We have chronic room messitis. Once they get messy, it's hard to stop it."

I shook my head and turned away with horror. "Mhmmm..... let's go, I'm getting more freaked out the longer I stay here."

"Wha- it's not that bad."

I grabbed his cap as we left. I waited for him to leave first, and the I closed the door behind me after I followed him out.

I helped him get into my car, once we were out of his house. I set the graduation cap in his lap and shut the door.

"Are you glad you are done?" I asked as I started the car and put my seatbelt on.

"With school?" He looked at me as I backed out, I nodded. "Absolutely."

"I'm glad you're done too." I said, thinking about the long road ahead of me, especially long because of the twins I'd be having. "I wish I didn't have another year."

"It's going to fly by without you even realizing it." Jason said as he looked out the window.

"I don't think so.. Not with twins anyway... This is going to be so tough." We were almost at the school.

 "I'm going to be with you the whole time. I promise." He grabbed my hand, which was resting on my stomach.

"Yeah, but it's still going to be hard because I have school."

"I agree, but we're in this together, you're not alone."

I smiled and pulled into the school parking lot. After I parked the car, I got out, and then helped Jason out. He was still holding the hat, but hadn't put it on yet.

"Put your cap on, Jason." I shut the door behind him and watched him.

"I'll put it on in a minute. Graduating is great and all, but why must I dramatically walk down an aisle wearing a square on my head?" He asked, as we made our way into the school.