haruchiyo sanzu ✓

"Your task is to execute him." The employer that Sanzu had been commissioned to, Sano Y/n, pointed at the photo of a known business connoisseur, Manjiro.

He nodded at her despite the sharp gazes her eyes are transfixing. Obviously, she's hostile about the fact that she hasn't once seen what Sanzu looks like due to the mask he's wearing. And although she never fails to show her despise through her eyes, in verbal means, she never complained regarding that pesky mask either.

"You have until midnight." Y/n said at last.

And as if on cue, Sanzu disappeared into the dimness of the room, carrying the weight of the task given to him this time.

Y/n then slumped on her seat upon sensing no presence of his around the chambers. She can't help but feel anxious about the fact that she had given him a hefty task that not even the skilled men in her unit can finish.

But she trusts Sanzu.

She only trusts him more than anyone about ending her own kin.

She trusts him so much that she can't help but feel guilty upon the fact that he likes her so much he's willing to end his best friend, too.

But when midnight came, no presence of Sanzu came back inside the chambers like he used to. Y/n still waited despite that, thinking that maybe he decided to dilly-dally - a common demeanor of his every single time - but almost an hour passed ever since his departure and he still hasn't met all ends with her.

With her patience thinning every second, she picked up his phone to call him - not caring if it'll perturb him amidst his task.

"Where in the world have you de-?"

"Nobody told me that an executioner of yours have this pretty face, Y/n."

Shivers coursed through her veins when she heard an ominous voice on the other line. Her grip on the tightened, the rage in her heart waved like tides upon hearing the audible sounds of someone getting beaten up on the other side.

"Manjiro," Y/n tried to sound compose, "What are you talking about?"

"The one you sent. This beautiful man in a butterfly mask. Do you perhaps want to talk to him or is he even capable of talking?" The latter mocked her, making her innards tingle with rage. She didn't answer, ended it, and instead, picked up whatever she can use to meet with her brother.

Then she left and drove her way towards where her brother was commonly torturing his prisoners; an abandoned mechanical factory.

"So, I wasn't mistaken. You're really here." Y/n calmly smiled whilst she ambled towards where Manjiro and his subjects are. Then, her eyes averted towards her poor assassin who's all tied up on a ponderous and tall post - beaten up, not moving, and with his head dropped on the ground.

Her smile became crooked, "I thought I made it clear that nobody is allowed to touch what I own, Manjiro."

She stopped walking, raised both of her hands, and dissipated into the gale to fight the men she didn't bother counting.

Metals clashed through each other, the bullets ponderous sound scattered around the halls together with the resonance of afflicted groans, distress, and panic from Manjiro's men.

"Monster!" One of them yelled, following it with a shot directly into his mouth.

Those yells subdued through Sanzu's consciousness, making him pick up voices of fright from men and a maniacal cackle from someone he thought was familiar.

Raising his head, his half-eyed vision saw sanguine hues all over the floor, lights flickering all around the building, and a lady who's facing the man he should've ended a while ago.

"Nobody is allowed to hurt what I own, Manjiro."

Sanzu's eyes widened when he saw how his employer stood there in front with almost ten men directing their weapons towards her.

She's injured, barely standing, obviously devastated, out of breath, and on the verge of collapsing but she's still standing whilst gathering strength from her rage.

The pink-haired lad's eyebrows met. His hefty breathing was unnoticed, as well as his trapped figure on the post. And so, he took it as an advantage to get out of the manacles he's been in - all to help his employer.

"That's funny. You own that pi - where is he?" Manjiro whose eyes went on the post immediately widened when he saw no one tied on the same spot where he shackled Sanzu.

Everyone panicked then, thinking that another monster had escaped from them yet, it soon disappeared when knives slashed through the cold gale and strike heads of the men standing to end his employer.

"You played unfairly. And I'll return the favor for that especially when you hurt the woman I'm smitten for." Sanzu's voice echoed around and all of a sudden, Manjiro was on the floor with his head nowhere to be found amidst the darkness.

Y/n, who still stood there, can't help but get petrified when the scene unfolded. She knows that Sanzu is skilled but she underestimated him and now she's caught in between his task. Helping him had become futile.

"Y/n..."

She flinched, shivers picked on her nape when she felt Sanzu's breath on her neck.

"I heard what you said." The rough feeling of his scar grazed on her neck and she shivered at the sense. Still, she stood there, petrified, unmoving, and waiting for what he was about to say.

"Say it again." Sanzu whispered behind her, almost begged whilst his hands slicked past her waist - something she let him do, "Say it, Ma'am. Say the name of the man you own."

Y/n bit the insides of her mouth. The feeling of Sanzu's hand upon her, the sight of bodies around them, and his voice begging for her to say what she stated a while ago - it all made her slowly lose her sanity.

"Say it..." He whispered, slowly directing her to face him, "Please say it, y/n."

And there, y/n saw the face of the man she craved to see since forever. Long eyelashes, eyes scarred with desire, diamond scars beside each side of his mouth who are both begging for her to kiss.

He is perfect.

"Sanzu," Y/n sighed raggedly, her heart can't contain the spill of bliss in her cup, "I own you, Sanzu."

"Louder."

"I own you, Sanzu."

A sonorous escape of sound beat inside his heart and he was suddenly out of breathe. His lips, amidst the tiny gap of their faces, parted to catch the air he's losing but when his eyes went on her lips, he couldn't cease himself furthermore.

He delved into kissing her like a beast, hoping to catch the air he lost because of her, tasting the venom he never knew he'll forever crave.

"Yes," He gasped for air, "That's it, y/n. Only you can own me. Only you."