ran & rindou haitani ✓

A SWEET REDOLENCE OF HOME FIDDLED IN MY NOSE, eyes peered towards the same gray hues of the interior as I stretched my arms the moment that we arrived in the cond...condom of y/n?

I don't know what this big chamber is called but I think it's our home since we live here anyways - that's the amount of knowledge I have as a human right now and I'm not even sure about it because I refuse to read the books that Ran is reading.

"Oh! I forgot to mention that I booked three tickets to visit a museum art exhibit tomorrow. You guys should come with me to watch it, it'll be great since it's the famous abstract painter, Seishu Inui, who opened up the said showcase." Y/n shifted her weight towards us after leaving her shoes on the shoe rack not far away, there's this look of enthusiasm and avidity in her iris that had me nodding at her even though I find museums quite dull to visit.

"Whose museum is it?" My brother abruptly asked, the immediate thing he pick up are the books that y/n has in the pygmy shelf near her cabinet stall. The book he's even holding right now correlated to the matter than y/n opened up, it's about mosaic and renaissance, and the current or modern artist in the whole of Japan now. He's quite quick to catch up on it.

"Hajime Kokonoi." Y/n reputed, her hand fetched the nearest towels she bought me and Ran before throwing it towards where we're standing - to which we immediately caught, "Also, the two of you can go take a bath first, alternate turns and don't fight. I'll go ahead afterwards." She added whilst me and my brother just nodded in sync at her words before watching how she went to her room with a yawn.

Once again, my eyes went to Ran - the same motion he did, and there, we shared the same look of query as to why there's some kind of bug engulfing us inside the depths of our thoughts.

We both felt it since a while ago in the mall - maybe it's just the stampede of our blood as brothers - but there's something definitely going on that we are yet to know, what's making us more perplexed about it is the fact that this feeling all bloomed the moment that y/n confessed that she's a puppeteer.

I really wanted answers. I wanna ask y/n if she's fine or if there's something bugging her but I can't seem to bring myself to do so - frightened that my query might ruin her oblivion. And I'm not a genius like Ran, too. I can't think logically as much as my older does either but I can't just shrug off this feeling as well. I badly just want to ask her.

"I'll take a bath first." Ran gestured, standing up from where he was seated a while ago with the towel hanging free by his shoulder - one that his knuckles are brutely suppressing, "Let's not overthink it. She looks completely fine a while ago so it may be just nothing. Let's just wait for her to tell us."

I nodded, contrasting his words. It can't be nothing for me because Sanzu once pinned in my mind that the muses and their puppets have some kind of binded connection for perpetuity - ours is weak for some reason but not invulnerable or something that any other people can cut off. And that's also the reason why I'm anxious.

Sighing heavily, I piled my hair before ambling closer towards y/n's room, opened the door and see myself what she's doing - only to see her drinking some obscure pills that I've never once seen my whole stay in here. My eyebrows cinched, perplexity rose through me as I watched how her shoulder heft a heavy sigh.

"What did you drink? Those are pills, right?" I blinked at her, not knowing exactly what are those for whilst her head immediately diverted towards me - her eyes even widened at my sudden approach, "Did you catch a cold?"